PDA

View Full Version : Centralized NOD32 deployment

nofam
14-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Finally had a (tentative) OK from our Head Office to look at doing away with Symantec (:punk), and check out some of the alternatives. The obvious choice is NOD, but I was wondering if anyone knows how well it can be managed centrally - I'd like to be able to have a server push out updates to all the clients, and also be able to get a 'health check' on all clients from the update server.

Is this possible with NOD, or are there other apps I should consider? The 3 LAN's I look after have a total of around 200 devices.

:thumbs:

pctek
14-07-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.eset.co.nz/products_nod32_fileserver.php

They have a Live Help Online. You could ask them......

wainuitech
14-07-2009, 11:04 AM
yep it sure can - you need the business edition of Nod32, which has the settings to download the files and push them out to the workstations - and the workstations can also be set to get definitions from the server instead of the Internet.

When you refer to "Health Check" - I know what you are meaning - but you can set the workstations to send out a "Panic Message" ( thats what I call it) :D to a PC ( admins for example) that warns of any problems.

If you need to speak to anyone - Call Chillisoft.

PM me if you want a person who I recommend there - hes very good and knows his stuff.

The 3 LAN's I look after have a total of around 200 devices.
You will of course need a 200 User license. Looking at my dealer Price list thats RRP $32.29 each. (1 year)

There is also a 2 year listed, if you want longer then talk to Chillisoft - they may be able to do a longer period.

nofam
14-07-2009, 11:33 AM
yep it sure can - you need the business edition of Nod32, which has the settings to download the files and push them out to the workstations - and the workstations can also be set to get definitions from the server instead of the Internet.

When you refer to "Health Check" - I know what you are meaning - but you can set the workstations to send out a "Panic Message" ( thats what I call it) :D to a PC ( admins for example) that warns of any problems.

If you need to speak to anyone - Call Chillisoft.

PM me if you want a person who I recommend there - hes very good and knows his stuff.

You will of course need a 200 User license. Looking at my dealer Price list thats RRP $32.29 each. (1 year)

There is also a 2 year listed, if you want longer then talk to Chillisoft - they may be able to do a longer period.

Awesome - thanks WT. That pricing is around what we're paying for Endpoint anyway, so it's very reasonable.

CYaBro
14-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Awesome - thanks WT. That pricing is around what we're paying for Endpoint anyway, so it's very reasonable.

If you tell them that you are currently using Symantec then they should give you special cross-grade pricing to help move you over to NOD32 :thumbs:

The Remote Administration (RA) module for NOD32 works great.
You can setup different install packages for servers, workstations and laptops etc. and it gets the updates from the NOD32 servers and all the clients then get it from your local server.
If your 3 LAN's are in different buildings/cities then you can also set up replication between the sites and have an RA server at each site with one main one at head office.
You can then push out the installation to one, some or all clients at the same time or you can email the install package.
The RA module shows you all the clients that have NOD32 installed (that have been set up to talk to the RA server - which is automatic if the installation was pushed from the server) and will show the current AV definition being used, version of NOD32, what O/S, last time it was updated, last time a full scan was run, last virus warning and a lot more.

sroby
14-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Guys. I have a question regarding Nod for Exchange on SBS2003
I buy the licenses for the no of mailboxes, but do I also need to buy another
licence to cover the SBS2003 server itself??
-given NOD for Exchange will also be the 'server' AV program.
Im sort of getting conflicting answers to this....

(I know the Workstation install/licensing is separate again)

wainuitech
14-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Call Chillisoft @ 09 309 3281 and ask them - that way you will get the correct answer.

CYaBro
14-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi Guys. I have a question regarding Nod for Exchange on SBS2003
I buy the licenses for the no of mailboxes, but do I also need to buy another
licence to cover the SBS2003 server itself??
-given NOD for Exchange will also be the 'server' AV program.
Im sort of getting conflicting answers to this....

(I know the Workstation install/licensing is separate again)

The exchange license only covers the license for NOD32 to scan the exchange store.
You also need to purchase licenses to actually run NOD32 on each workstation and server.
EG: If you had 1 server and 5 workstations and all workstations had a user with a mailbox then you would need 5 exchange licenses and 6 NOD32 licenses.

chillisoft
20-07-2009, 10:07 AM
sroby, let me know if you require any further assistance, we will be happy to assist

FAB
29-07-2009, 12:21 PM
NOD32 is running at the place where I am contracted at the moment, the centralised management seems very good - easy to push out installations althought the reboot without warning on forced install caught me out the first time.