PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark x75 Scanner Issue

Rivenwings
13-07-2009, 01:28 PM
My printer (lexmark x75) works fine, but when I go to scan something it reads "scan was not successful" and then it gives a few solutions like, reconnect the power chord/usb, turn it off and back on, but I've obviously done that many times before. But it never works.

The icon in the task bar has a red x in the corner of it also.

I think it maybe something up with the drivers on my computer, but I don't want to jump into doing that. I checked all the usb ports and tried two different models of the same printer and it's still not working.

Speedy Gonzales
13-07-2009, 01:41 PM
What version of windows are you using? If youre using windows

Rivenwings
13-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm using windows xp

Speedy Gonzales
13-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Have you tried another USB cable? What service pack is on this?

Rivenwings
13-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I did and it's windows xp professional service pack 3
when it finds a new hard drive for it a message pops up saying something about it couldn't install the driver correctly and when I got to manage on my pc there's a yellow exclamation mark next to the printer

but what just puzzles me more is that the printer prints, just doesn't print.

I even tried the a different printer of the same model, and also a newer model printer on my laptop and they all print but don't scan.

Speedy Gonzales
13-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Did you install the drivers (wait for it to tell you to connect the printer), BEFORE plugging this printer into a USB port? According to google, this is a common prob with this printer.

Rivenwings
13-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I think I tried that but I'll give it another shot, hold on

Speedy Gonzales
13-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I would uninstall the drivers, use the uninstall tool remove the USB cable, reinstall drivers wait for it to tell you to plug it in. Connect the cable. Reboot then see what happens

Rivenwings
13-07-2009, 02:38 PM
the installer won't actually let me finish the installation unless the printer is hooked up.

Speedy Gonzales
13-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Hmm strange, is the installer on cd or did you download the latest version? Most printers/scanners (like the one here) SHOULD ask you to plug the usb cable in (and turn the printer on, during the driver install). Otherwise, some part of it, may not work properly (If you install the drivers (while the USB cable is still connected to it, and the printer is turned on). I would ring Lexmark NZ (are you in NZ)? If you are on 0800 539 6275. It sounds like either this printer / scanner is screwed, or the drivers are.