PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Surround Sound

justinsg
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
I am currently working on a stage show as a sound technician. I've setup a rough set of surround sound speakers (Front LR, Mid LR, Back LR and Sub). My computer's sound card has outputs for 5.1 surround speakers (i.e. Left/right/back left/back right etc.) but I can only play through all at once. Is there anyway I can make sound travel around the speakers - or control them each separately? At the moment, a stereo track in windows media player will distribute evenly to all the speakers.

Do I need software to virtualise surround? Even better - is it possible to turn all of these speakers into virtual sound cards which I can send to individually?

Cheers,
Justinsg

Speedy Gonzales
12-07-2009, 12:54 AM
You could probably do it if it were 7:1. Well the Realtek HD Audio Manager here has a virtual surround option in it. Dont know about 5:1

Blam
12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I've heard of a few softwares that can do that, but I'm not on expert on this subject..

kahawai chaser
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Navigate around Audio Forums (http://www.audioforums.com/forums/), particularly the DAW (Digital Audio Workstation for PC) section. Maybe ask, but I'm a member on their site, and if you want I can submit your query...

utopian201
13-07-2009, 11:20 AM
What do you mean travel around the speakers?
My audio drivers (cmedia) allow me to move the sound through all the speakers so it seems as if the sound is rotating around you.