PDA

View Full Version : TV capture wonky

FoxyMX
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
My WinFast TV2000XP Expert capture card has not been recording TV properly since reformatting and reinstalling WinXP a few weeks ago. The playback is jerky and has no sound whereas previously it had no such issues.

There are no errors being reported in Hardware Devices and viewing TV in real time is fine. It is the same no matter what format is chosen, eg MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD, etc.

Anyone know what might be the cause?

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Are you using the leadtek program for it (to record) or something else?? That should install most of whats needed

FoxyMX
10-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Cheers Speedy.

Yes, using the software that came with the card, the Leadtek program.

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled and now have non-jerky playback but still no sound.

Hmm... I wonder whether the cable came off the card when I was under the hood disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drives prior to reformatting? If the cable is off, wouldn't that mean I would have no sound when watching TV either??

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Correct if the audio cable inside the case is off, you wont get sound (when you play whatever back). If it is on, I'm pretty sure there's a setting in the leadtek program (so you get sound), it has to be on the right line in

Metla
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
You may have to designate which line is used for recording audio. If the incorrect one is nominated you will still get audio when watching the broadcast but not when recording.

FoxyMX
10-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I have no idea what setting it should be on. Screenie here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/WinFast.jpg). Does it look OK?

FoxyMX
10-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Got it! Tried several options and CD Player for both Audio-out Control Line and Audio Recording Line works. :cool:

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Cool :)