PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Question

Poppa John
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi All.
I am giving Mozilla Firefox a try over IE. I have a problem. When I want to close a window I press the Red/white X at top right. There isn't always a green "return arrow" at top left. This brings up a question box...Do you wish to save all tabs, then quit Just quit.

Doesn't matter which I select, I lose the programme I am working on. PF1 for instance, then I have to restart it. How can [I] prevent this?

Does my description make sense? PJ

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Save then quit, then once you open FF again, it'll open the last sites that were open (before you quit)

Poppa John
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Not quite what I am trying to say.
I don't want the programme on screen to close at all. When it doesthro"Quit" I have to open it & I have not finished with it. PJ.

gary67
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
so you want to close just one tab and not the whole FF program? Is that right

gary67
09-07-2009, 09:05 PM
The first tab does not show the close X until you have more than one tab open

Poppa John
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Not quite what I am trying to say.
I don't want the programme on screen to close at all. When it doesthro"Quit" I have to open it & I have not finished with it. PJ.

Poppa John
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Damn..now I am confused. I will work it thro again & come back. PJ

Blam
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
So you only want to close the tab?

coldot
09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
PJ. Here's the way I often work. Open Firefox, go to PCW forums and browse.... if I want to check something else I click on the New Tab button, and another if I want to flick back and forth between several pages. Then when I finish with a page I click the little blue X on the Tab for that page. That way PCW forum is the last Tab to be closed (and not closed until I'm finished).
My setup includes under Tools / Options / Tabs / New pages should be opened in a New tab.
Maybe that will help.
Cheers

FoxyMX
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
It sounds like Poppa John is accidentally closing the program when he only wants to close a tab.

Does Firefox have an add-on that puts the tabs at the bottom of the page rather than at the top? That would help prevent Poppa John closing the entire program when he only wants to close a tab.

Otherwise, perhaps someone could post instructions on how to get Firefox to remember the tabs open when the prog is closed.

Opera does all this very easily without add-ons. :rolleyes:

Blam
09-07-2009, 09:50 PM
WHen you click the X on the top right hand corner and this windows pops up:
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Untitled1247132979.jpg

Tick "Do not aks me next time" then click save and quit

coldot
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
No add-ons needed. Just close tabs individually and keep the one you need.
PJ described the wrong move he was making: "This brings up a question box...Do you wish to save all tabs, then quit."

Rob99
09-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Poppa John
10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
I see where I was going wrong now. I was clicking the red/white X top right. I should have been closing the Tab down at the bottom of the screen.

Coldot...This is as you said.

FoxyM..Yes these Tabs are already at the bottom of the screen & I didn' think.

Rob99...I opened your Image & I do no have the toolbar that shows the three blue circles.

PJ

gary67
11-07-2009, 07:42 AM
They are the tabs that Rob has circled in blue not a toolbar, so your tabs are along the bottom interesting