PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Killer Guilty Of Manslaughter

Twelvevolts
09-07-2009, 09:10 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10582997

I think he should face the music for this one. A case that really sticks in the throat.

R2x1
09-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I suspect the fact that a banjo was destroyed will count heavily in his favour.

Myth
09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Anyone want a bit of Brokeback Banjo?

I wonder if Inside Man was part of the nights viewing

Cato
10-07-2009, 07:24 AM
The defence case was that the 31-year-old accused was provoked by two unwanted sexual advances by Mr Brown, who was gay, and that attention, and the effects his drink being spiked, caused him to act in an involuntary way where he wasn't in control of his actions.

I would like to see what a medical report would have said regarding the drink being spiked...

R2x1
10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Well, the cactus was drunk, but . . .

Twelvevolts
10-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Looks similar to the Weatherstone case so be interesting to see if the end result is similar.

johcar
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Looks similar to the Weatherstone case so be interesting to see if the end result is similar.

Hmm.

On the one hand: Hungarian visitor wanting English language practice meets gay man in pub, goes home with him for said "practice" and gets nervous when the inevitable advances occur. Loses it, smashing the old man with a banjo and feeding him the neck of the instrument (Freudian?).

On the other hand: highly intelligent academic has torrid affair with young, attractive and promiscuous girl, breaks off the affair three times in six months, feels belittled. Loses it and stabs her 216 times (unintentionally).

Apart from the 'losing it' part, I don't see too many similarities...

Twelvevolts
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Hmm.

On the one hand: Hungarian visitor wanting English language practice meets gay man in pub, goes home with him for said "practice" and gets nervous when the inevitable advances occur. Loses it, smashing the old man with a banjo and feeding him the neck of the instrument (Freudian?).

On the other hand: highly intelligent academic has torrid affair with young, attractive and promiscuous girl, breaks off the affair three times in six months, feels belittled. Loses it and stabs her 216 times (unintentionally).

Apart from the 'losing it' part, I don't see too many similarities...

Violent deaths, claiming provocation, looking for Manslaughter verdict. I don't mean similar in every aspects of their lives.

Cato
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
^^

Exactly! If a woman was drugged, and was made advances at and did the same as this guy, it would be perfectly fine. If not you'd have a hundred women somewhere protesting to this kinda thing. Feel sorry for the guy to be honest.

Does give a new meaning to "deep throat" though. lol

johcar
10-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Violent deaths, claiming provocation, looking for Manslaughter verdict. I don't mean similar in every aspects of their lives.

Gotcha - just wanted to take the opportunity to sum up the cases from my POV - which seems to be the same as yours anyway! :)

ubergeek85
10-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, the cactus was drunk, but . . .

Well no wonder! Cactus juice can really send you sideways.

The way I see it, it looks like it started as an aggrivated assult, but he ended up dying. Either way, he should get deported at the end of his sentance.

R2x1
10-07-2009, 01:50 PM
. . . Either way, he should get deported at the end of his sentance.
The question is, which end? No doubt some of the finest legal billing systems in the country are researching this right now. Cost is no object.

Twelvevolts
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Either way, he should get deported at the end of his sentance.

They usually go straight from the prison to the airport.

prefect
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Definitely not murder fending off unwanted sexual advances.
If it was a female defending herself from the same she would be feted as a heroine and wouldnt have been charged.
In this case the guy should just have been sent back on a plane to Hungary.

Digby
10-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I saw the Hungarian guy on tv he looked a bit strange one minute all bravado on the cctv, next minute looking a bit weird in court.
A gay guy coming on to you is no reason to loose it. The guy could have just said F off and left the house and never gone back. Was he physically attacked by the old guy ? I don't think so.
Did you see the mess he made of the house - he really lost it !