PDA

View Full Version : DMA-driver error

bk T
09-07-2009, 08:57 PM
My DVD rewriter has developed some problems, when burning some data files to DVD the following error message pops up:

"DMA -driver error, timeout occured. G:ATAPI DVD DH20A3AS"

Is it a faulty drive? Its still under warranty. Have not use it to burn for quite some time though.

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Is this in windows or linux, and what program are you using? It looks like Nero can cause that error. Are you using an 80 wire IDE cable, for the burner?

bk T
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Is this in windows or linux, and what program are you using? It looks like Nero can cause that error. Are you using an 80 wire IDE cable, for the burner?

It's Vista, SATA DVD rewriter. Using Nero 8.

I've 2 DVD rewriters- the other (IDE) works fine - just tried it.

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Does your version of Vista have movie maker on it?? If it does, does that work? Thats if the file format you're adding to Nero is supported in Movie maker. I would send an email to Nero, see what they say, you may have to update Nero 8, if its not the latest version. WHAT kind of data files are you burning, and what are you using? Nero or something else in Nero?

bk T
09-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Does your version of Vista have movie maker on it?? If it does, does that work? Thats if the file format you're adding to Nero is supported in Movie maker. I would send an email to Nero, see what they say, you may have to update Nero 8, if its not the latest version. WHAT kind of data files are you burning, and what are you using? Nero or something else in Nero?

It was working perfectly before, just that I didn't use it for a few weeks. No configuration has been changed.

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2009, 11:28 PM
So does your version of vista have movie maker on it or not. If it does see if that works

bk T
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
So does your version of vista have movie maker on it or not. If it does see if that works

Yes, it has got movie maker but I've never use it before, don't even know how to use it. lol

I was trying to copy come device drivers which I downloaded to DVD.

bk T
10-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Do you think that the drive is failing?

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2009, 12:15 AM
I would try another program, if it does the same thing, thats a possibility

So it burned ok to the dvd, it was only when you tried to copy the file/s you had written to the dvd, to somewhere else, that error came up? Does it only bring up that error when you select data? Or does it do it with video files as well?

Whats the brand/model of the burner? Is the firmware on it up to date?

Blam
10-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Have you tried updating the firmware?

bk T
10-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I would try another program, if it does the same thing, thats a possibility

So it burned ok to the dvd, it was only when you tried to copy the file/s you had written to the dvd, to somewhere else, that error came up? Does it only bring up that error when you select data? Or does it do it with video files as well?

Whats the brand/model of the burner? Is the firmware on it up to date?

No. I was trying to burn the files to DVD .

It's a Lite-on

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2009, 01:17 AM
See if there's a firmware update for it or try another program (if the only program you're using is Nero). Or if its only data youre burning, use a CDR, not DVDR. If both of these fail, then take it back. Did Nero come with the burner? Youre not using a version of Nero (that came with another burner) are you? Or update Nero if its not up to date

bk T
10-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Updated the firmware and it is working fine now.

Thanks guys. :thanks

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Cool, good to hear that fixed it