PDA

View Full Version : replying to a tweet

lance4k
06-07-2009, 03:34 PM
i replied to someone's tweet by clicking on the button and it added @username for me then i replied. i then went to that person's twitter url and looked at the tweet i replied to but i don't see my reply there. I thought replying to a tweet is made public? I didn't direct message the person so it shouldn't be private.

johcar
06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Tweets are for the birds!

ubergeek85
06-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Tweets are for the birds!

And people who like to jump on the 'popular-thing-of-the-month' bandwagon. I see no point in 98% of the blogs and microblogs out there.

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

somebody
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
i replied to someone's tweet by clicking on the button and it added @username for me then i replied. i then went to that person's twitter url and looked at the tweet i replied to but i don't see my reply there. I thought replying to a tweet is made public? I didn't direct message the person so it shouldn't be private.

It won't show up publicly in their twitter feed, but when they log in, they will see it. If you log out, and look at your twitter feed, you'll notice that replies to you don't show up.

Erayd
06-07-2009, 06:06 PM
If you send an @reply, it doesn't show up in their timeline - it shows up in yours. Unless they have things weirdly configured, they will probably notice you sent it. Note than an @reply is not the same thing as a direct message.