PDA

View Full Version : OLE manager faulty

06-07-2001, 03:55 PM
I have discovered that lately when I try to edit some word art in Microsoft Publisher or Word etc, I get an error message telling me that the OLE manager is at fault, and please correct it. I have studied the file system and can't locate this manager. Strangely the error message assumes I will know where it is and how to fix it. I tried reinstalling Office 2000 totally and had no effect. I am running Windows ME. Any ideas? I can still produce new Word Art but once saved I can't edit.

12-07-2001, 09:40 AM
There are several tons of things that it could be - can you advise the entire error message - especially the name at the top of the warning box.

25-07-2001, 11:45 PM
The error message reads:
Publisher
Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task.
There may be not enough sidk space or there may be a problem with the Server program. To make more space available delete some unneded files on your HD. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it , then try this task again. OK

The is Approx 1 Gb space on HD
Where does ther server prog reside and where do I go to reinstall it? Thanks for your interest.

25-07-2001, 11:45 PM
The error message reads:
Publisher
Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task.
There may be not enough sidk space or there may be a problem with the Server program. To make more space available delete some unneded files on your HD. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it , then try this task again. OK

The is Approx 1 Gb space on HD
Where does ther server prog reside and where do I go to reinstall it? Thanks for your interest.