PDA

View Full Version : Connect to network printer

bpt2
04-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a Lexmark optra with a network card. I can print from my PC (cable connection to router) through my OpenNetworks wireless router but I cannot print from my wireless laptop through the router. I can ping the printer from my laptop, but don't know how to install it.

wainuitech
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Assuming its Vista, Two ways --

install / load the software in as if the printer was a local PC, Not a networked one - at some stage it should ask to locate the printer - select networked printer, it should go looking for the printer, if it doesn't you may need to manually put in the IP address of the printer. Once it locates it, the software will carry on.
IF it doesn't find the printer on the network, once the software is installed, right click the printer in the printer folder properties/ Ports tab, add port /Standard TCP/IP --- Follow the wizard through - the important thing it to know the Printers IP address.

Second way -- Open the Printers Folder ( start/ printer) Add printer - network printer - it will search for it - follow the prompts, it may ask for the software - direct it to the Driver CD if it doesn't auto detect.