PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in photography?

talan
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Are there any hobby or pro photographers out there? I have setup a forum purely to get other photographers in NZ interacting with each other and sharing their work.

We'ev organised our second meet schedule for Sunday July 12 in Auckland to capture some sunsets. Feel free to pop along, we're a friendly bunch. Oh keep an eye on this thread http://www.photographersonline.co.nz/showthread.php?t=145 for the exact confirmed time and location of the meet.

:clap

R2x1
03-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I am almost certain that Auckland has an absolute maximum of one sunset per day, and even that is sometimes reduced by weather.

At this (And several other) time, sunsets are an endangered species, and should not be captured. You will have to do your daylight saving some other way.

Roscoe
04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I am almost certain that Auckland has an absolute maximum of one sunset per day, and even that is sometimes reduced by weather.

At this (And several other) time, sunsets are an endangered species, and should not be captured. You will have to do your daylight saving some other way.

You might only have one sunset on the North Shore, but we do things differently at Royal Oak. We can have as many sunsets as we chose, but then that is what's available if you live in the real heart of the metropolis and not on the periphery as some people do.:horrified

We are also much more sympathetic toward our sunsets and treat them with respect. We do capture our sunsets - and beautiful they are as only Royal Oak sunsets can be - but we always throw them back to be captured another time perhaps by someone else.:cool:

We are a caring community and look after our sunsets. :thumbs:

R.M.
04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes - I do photography too, but I live at the other end of the country! I belong to the local photographic group. Good support, ongoing competitions, education at meetings, trips out taking photographs. Great newsletter (I do it! :)). And contrary to expection - we have the odd sunset here too - one a day the last time I looked!

R2x1
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
You might only have one sunset on the North Shore, but we do things differently at Royal Oak. We can have as many sunsets as we chose, . . .
. . . We are a caring community and look after our sunsets. :thumbs:
Any more than one sunset per diem is blinking strange. (Aviation aided anomalies excluded).
We are an observant community and look toward our sunsets while they are available. Looking "after" is just not the same somehow.

Greg
04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Geez, I hate spammers!

:groan: