PDA

View Full Version : WMP Question - Again!

SurferJoe46
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I have 11,357 MP3 and WMA files in my WMP10 player - in the files and in the lists anyway.....

I have been having some playback troubles lately.

The music stops and starts and I changed out the PSU (I wanted to any way) and the <hdd-K> and even made backups of the files and put them in another area for WMP to own and recall them.

OK - that's all well and good, but tonight it's starting to stutter and halt-stop-play-cough and generally act like it did before.

So-o-o-o-o - I tried Nero and Audacity and even in Winamp, they all play fine, but the WMP10 player seems to have troubles.

Now here's my problem - I LIKE WMP10!

It has a nice filing system and keeps the tracks all in good order and even adds the album covers and a lot of other info.

It has a great cross-filing library system and I can add columns and notes as I see fit, which I don't find available (haven't seen it anyway) in the other players.

IF I delete the whole WMP10 program and then reload it, will the music all have been re-associated to a different default player and just get lost, never to be found by WMP10 again?

Not asking for a rim-shot or a flaming here on my choice for using WMP in the first place - does it seem logical that over 11,000 files may be too much for WMP to handle or ANY player to handle?

What's the chances that WMP is just corrupted and needs a fresh install?

Help! :crying

bigjasonmannor
03-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey try iTunes or windows media player 11

SurferJoe46
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't want WMP11, as it "phones home" all the time and you can't stop it from telling the black helicopters that you're not using digitally-signed files.

Apple/iTunes is another great spy.

I use home-grown and recorded files (DVD and MP3) and M$ calls the cops all the time in the US if you are not getting files from some store and paying royalties.

There are NO royalties on homemade files!

Speedy Gonzales
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I've never had any probs with WMP 11. Just disable whatever in its options. Havent had any probs with whatever I play in it either. Since I dont play or download whatever in Itunes, or wherever. I just rip them from the CD's I've got. Altho, I'll probably rip all the CD's I've got now chuck them on the hdd, then use the Xbox to play them instead