PDA

View Full Version : IE8

DUNK
03-07-2009, 04:21 AM
G'Day folks,
Today, after a bit persuasion, I downloaded 'IE8' Was using 'IE6' Not overly impressed, with "8" I must say. But, what didannoy me, was that all of my (kept) sites, such as this one. Had to be signed into again. every time that I visited ! My memory, being a bit rusty now. Found that 'Usernames' & 'Passwords' were all gone! Managed to retrieve a few. Even kept a record of some. (I keep some cookies ya see. So, that was enough, for me, with "8" So, I've gone back to "6"
My question to you is;- Is there, or, was there anything so wrongwith "6" that I should stopusing it ? I run XP Home. SP3. NOD32, Spybot,
MWB, Spyware Terminater & SuperAntiSpyware. Haven't been caught with a nastyyet. & this after a number of years now!
Please reply.
Regards. :o

pctek
03-07-2009, 08:47 AM
I'd recommend either Firefox or Chrome.

Blam
03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
IE6 is full of hole and has no features compared to other browsers, even IE8.

Nothing wrong with IE8

Blam

linw
03-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Like blam says - security hazard and lack of features.

Because you haven't been hit with malware so far doesn't mean you are not at risk. I've never had my house burnt down but I still keep up the insurance!

I have been very happy with Firefox for years but IE8 has made big gains in the features stakes.

Rob99
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
IE6 is a web developers nightmare, as it leads to many hacks and unnecessary code.
Move to IE8 or try an alternative browser.