PDA

View Full Version : Front Loader Washing Machine

Greven
02-07-2009, 11:23 PM
I just bought a new front loader washing machine & I've heard you have to use special front loader washing powder, but the washing powder at the supermarket doesn't say front loader or top loader.

What is the best brand for front loader machines & where can I get it?

Sweep
02-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Have you taken the time to read the manual yet?

Some manufacturers recommend brand A and others say brand B.

What actually works for you may be different.

R2x1
02-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Try Norton's Wunda Wash.

Greven
02-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Haven't unpacked it yet. The people I'm currently living with have a top loader, but I just bought a house so will be moving out soon

I'll pass on the Norton Wunda Wash - I've heard it makes the rinse cycle take twice as long :rolleyes:

Phil B
02-07-2009, 11:53 PM
We use Surf front loader. It comes in a pink box & we get in any of the supermarkets. If you use the stuff for top loaders, you'll have a washing machine that looks like it's got rabies. Persil do a front loader powder too. I can't use that stuff, it gives me dermatitis. Something to do with the enzymes I guess. Don't know of any others in NZ.
We like the front loaders, use a lot less water & clean better & the clothes seem to smell nicer. They do take a bit longer to do the cycle though. We've had ours for about 5 years I think.

zqwerty
03-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Yes Front Loaders wash clothes in the best way (like dropping clothes onto rocks by a river bank), use less water, cause less clothes wear (lint creation) but they sometimes have trouble with the spin part of the cycle.