PDA

View Full Version : Weird Problem following Installing Firefox 3

smurf
02-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I commented in the thread in PC World Chat relating to Fire Fox 3 but thought it was worth pasting here.

Coincidental, or is there a problem with Firefox 3 that is bugging me? Following downloading and installing FF 3, whenever I attempt to do a Google search from my Bookmark Toolbar, I get the dreaded couldn't find www.google.com and subsequently checking any other site yields the same response.

By rebooting, the pages load so long as I don't attempt a Google search. It is almost as though the Google search causes a disconnect to the internet. I have run Malware Bytes, Spybot and Advance System Care and nothing sinister shows.

Any thoughts???? Suggestions??? Note: prior to downloading and installing FF3....all was fine

pctek
02-07-2009, 08:13 PM
What if you do the search from the normal google page rather than the toolbar?

smurf
03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi pctek, That seemed to work. However...I think I may have had a corrupted Firefox download. When I went to uninstall version 3.5. via the Control panel, the version showing was the old version and it wouldn't uninstall. I subsequently did a system restore and then download a fresh install after which the correct version 3.5 showed in the Control Panel/Add Remove programmes. I am now waiting to see if this cures the problem.