PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone account to prepay

Ninjabear
02-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Am I correct that you can now keep your number if you were to go back to prepay from an account plan?
Been with account for about 6 years but i feel there isnt anything beneficial about these plans. Its just too expensive and i can save more back on prepay.
I am on mega plan i believe. I got sucked into this plan because before the launch of you choose they said these were promotions and were really good value. After the release of the new plans the mega, talker and texter will no longer be available. Well its unavailable alright. They renamed the plans. Thats like tricking people to join their plan.
So annoyed with the prices of international calls and to landlines. Its like extremely expensive and there isnt much of a benefit over prepay

So p ed off with vodafone! Vodafone are like god daxx vampires

gary67
02-07-2009, 07:48 AM
I think you can, my On account has been changed too but it is much better for me I now get More free texts, More free minutes some of which I can now use during the day AND they have dropped the plan price and the cost of calls once free minutes are used overall it is much better and cheaper

Cato
02-07-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't think so. Last time I checked they were happy to use my telecom number for my post paid. But didn't let me use my prepaid number for an account.

I don't know how it is these days but in late 2006-2007 I was really ripped off by them. Prepaid got txt2000 and bestmate, but we got nothing. Just didn't make sense using them.
And then 2007 onwards I couldn't get On Account without signing a 12 month contract, it's all a bit silly these days. Everyone who is on vodafone simply ignores you if you aren't on vodafone.

Telecom's XT seemed promising... But I can't use my N95... Just a lose-lose scenario as far as I am concerned.

Oh, and waiting 45min to get to talk to customer service... That's real fun too. Moreso when they have "technical issues" with showing my bill online and forget to mail out a hard copy... Great.

***, in a place like India a call costs less than $0.10NZ. What we are paying is extortion rates, for worse than non-existant service.

Prepay with bestmate + txt2000 = best deal out there, but no phone insurance...

Just annoys the hell out of me. [/rant]

Chilling_Silence
02-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Im positive you can now keep your number -- Part of the whole number portability and stuff.

Ring them on 777 and have a quick chat to them ;)