PDA

View Full Version : Onecard discounts often not as they seem

johnnyfrango
30-06-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.3news.co.nz/TVShows/CampbellLive/Onecard-discounts-often-not-as-they-seem/tabid/817/articleID/110729/cat/861/Default.aspx

:p

Chilling_Silence
01-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Interesting ...

+1 reason to shop at Pak n Save :)

lakewoodlady
01-07-2009, 02:29 AM
I second that.

LL

PaulD
01-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Any store with paper price tags can have mistakes. Some of the New Worlds in Wgtn have active lcd price displays so they can put the prices up faster :D

Renmoo
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I have applied twice for the OneCard - none received so far.

Rob99
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I have applied twice for the OneCard - none received so far.

Indeed, you are only allowed one card!

pctek
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Doesn't surprise me, I've noticed that before, and I don't have a OneCard.
It's just to make you think you're special and really just so they can keep track of your shopping habits.
Its all spyware.

Gobe1
01-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah ive noticed before also, those reward progs are a crock of s**t.
Like the spyware comment... nice one

GingerBeard
01-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm sure they don't do it on purpose, they are up for HUGE fines through the commerce commission if they are falsely advertising.

But who knows - I still shop there because its closer :D

Phil B
01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
We get some huge savings with the onecard. Normally around $2, on a really expensive grocery shop we may save around $4.

We go to countdown as they have things pak n save don't & we're far to lazy to go to 2 supermarkets :)

porkster
03-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Interesting ...

+1 reason to shop at Pak n Save :)

Still Pak n Save have a similar problem. My wife and I always check the prices on the docket before we leave the store and we would average one wrong price a week. The problem lies mainly with the specials not being in the system although some are just operator errors from identifying the vegetables and fruit.

Sanco
03-07-2009, 09:34 AM
We shop a Pak&Save as well, but their stock's variety leaves a lot to be desired.
For example my local P&S store does not stock decaf espresso coffee.
I do shop at countdown (don't care about the onecard really) for few items I can't find at P&S and whenever I had an issue nobody really seemed to care, and once or twice I was met with pure disrespect and downright arrogance from the south african manager at the store. It's a shame because countdown has some good products and some really good deals at times and this onecard business now goes to exacerbate the attitude this chain has towards their customers.

bk T
03-07-2009, 10:35 AM

We go to countdown as they have things pak n save don't & we're far to lazy to go to 2 supermarkets :)

I thought it's the other way round!

Countdown/Foodtown prices are generally higher than PnS.

Chilling_Silence
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm not too far from the biggest supermarket in NZ, so naturally they have pretty much anything one would want from a supermarket ;)

Phil B
03-07-2009, 07:43 PM
We're not far away from that paknsave too. We go to countdown in westgate & find that when comparing the same shop from both supermarkets that there's not a lot in it, until I get the stuff I want that comes in from overseas. You just can't beat pommy bikkies, pity they don't do a much bigger range. The main reason we started going to westgate was the carpark at lincoln road paknsave. It's the worst design & the road junction onto lincoln road must have been designed my a complete moron.

Chilling_Silence
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Agreed!