PDA

View Full Version : Only prints first page

dezt
30-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I have a single user who when printing documents from any other source bar his local and personal drives, results in the printer only printing the first page. These documents are of various types including .doc .xls .pdf and .ppt. The locations that these documents are opened from are either Internet Browser or Attachments in emails.

When a print job is sent to the printer it shows that all the pages have spooled (7/7 pages) and the entire document is processed by the printer... but only one page appears.

Here is our environment and the network printer that the user is printing too:
- Windows XP Pro SP3
- Office 2003 SP3
- IE 7
- Kyocera FS C8026N KX (latest driver 4.4.0403) over TCP/IP

I've tried a number of things to get it working including:
- Restart the Print Spooler service on his PC
- Removing the printer and adding it again
- Updating the latest drivers on that printer
- Review the printer settings

... but no joy.

As stated earlier printing docs from his local drives work fine. He is the only user that is having this issue. Others users of this printer are not experiencing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

beama
01-07-2009, 06:48 AM
welcome to the forum

have you checked the page setup and one I struck a while back print region this is set with the document.
Another one to check is the IP port setup ie check printers documentation see if it uses, Raw port 61 or LPR queues and if does the name of the queue. This queue name is hard coded into the firmware of the printer.

Jeff
01-07-2009, 09:34 AM
You can also try changing the type of driver.

If you go into the Device Settings of the driver, click on the PDL button, you can change it from KPDL (Postscript) to either PCLXL (PCL6) or PCL5.

Jeff.

SolMiester
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I would also try using another account on his machine to see if it is a profile issue, if it works okay there, try his account on a pc that works okay!

dezt
01-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the solutions guys. I'll give them all a try this arvo and let you know how I get on.

dezt
03-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Ok I did the following:

-Reinstalled the latest drivers again(4.4.043)
-Fixed an issue that we found with his normal.dot file being corrupted
-Removed and readded the printer
-Restarted the print server

Amongst all that he got his files printing correctly... except for the PDFs. Tried the solution from Adobe (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408015.html) and waaalllaaa - it finally worked.

Thanks to those that offered assistance.