PDA

View Full Version : StopErrorMessage only when playing video

Luana
30-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Everytime I try to play any video (avi, wma, mpeg4, etc) using WindowsMediaPlayer or Mp4Player or GomPlayer, i get the blue screen with error message Stop 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I read lots of info I found related with this error, but all are talking about non specified reason for the crash. To my PC only happens when playing video, so should be rather a software problem/conflict than any CPU temperature/RAM problem.

I uninstalled all codecs and reinstalled some recommended free error codec pack, and tried different software for playing video, but, whenever i try to play video i get the blue screen with that error message.

Im using Windows XP Pro SP2 Home.

Any idea what to do and how to solve this problem? Thank you.

gary67
30-06-2009, 07:48 AM
What video playback programs are you using?

Blam
30-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Your Video card drivers are most likely out of date and/or corrupted.

Download this:
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Then run it, reboot, DO NOT ALLOW WINDOWS TO INSTALL ITS DRIVERS.

Grab the latest version of your Video card drivers from the manufacturers site and install them.

Does it mention an driver or file name on the BSOD?

Blam

Luana
30-06-2009, 10:13 PM
TY Blam, Ill try to install a newest driver for my video Card.

No driver or file name mentioned on the BSOD. Just 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

But, this is weird, looking on error log, i found this when BSOD appeared:
The HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service service hung on starting.
The ATK Keyboard Service service terminated unexpected.It has done this 1 time.

On the other hand, system info found a problem device for Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard, PNP Device ID: ACPI\PNP0303\4&B6AFFD&0, saying that device is not present, not working properly or not all drivers installed.

Erm... I really dont know much about tech, so I cant say if that problem device has any connection.

,,,and btw, some .avi were playing just fine with WMP, then tried another .avi and got the BSOD. Besides, music is played without any problem by WMP (I uninstalled the other apps i had atm, like mp4 player and GomPlayer)

wainuitech
30-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome to PF1--

"The HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service service hung on starting" -- that looks like it relates to a Printer of some sort. If you have a HP printer, you can go into the services, locate it, select Manual instead of Auto and that should solve that.Heres how (http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/services.htm) to open the services.
Note: just be careful what you disable, disable the wrong item and it may have adverse affects.

The BSOD - error message more than likely relates to the graphic Drivers or possibly even ASUS Enhanced Video Drivers if you have Asus Graphics.

If you do have Asus graphics, you may need to completely uninstall these as well.

Luana
01-07-2009, 04:17 AM
...oops, a noob like me never uninstalled vga drivers, and um... dunno which is what and where. If theres some uninstall/reinstall guide for ubernubs please give me a link. And thank you for reply.

Yes I have ASUS graphic card EN8500GT SILENT, HTD 512MB.

Blam
01-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Use the program I linked above

Luana
02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
waaaaaaa......... Im sick of BSOD. I changed my nvidia driver, but again, when trying to play video i see blue. Everything else is working fine, except this video damn thing that gives me trouble!

Error log says now only "The ATK Keyboard Service service terminated unexpected." since i set to manual "The HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service"

Another Nubish question: I downloaded from asus site the newest v. of GamerOSD and the file contains 2 files named "x64" and "x86". Which one to use? (My OS is WinXP 32)