PDA

View Full Version : qwer row not working when shift is held

roflist
29-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Hello everyone,
i have the logitech wave keyboard and my qwer row doesn't seem to work when i hold shift. Also i have found out that my second (or right) shift key is held i can't get the arrows < and >. I have to turn on caps lock just to type an uppercase. I'm using the operating system window's Xp professional.

thank you.

wratterus
29-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Welcome to PressF1. :)

Sounds like the keyboard might be dying. Have you tried it on another PC, or tried another keyboard on your PC, just to make 100% sure of where the problem lies?

roflist
29-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Hello
i don't think my keyboard is dying because i recently got it. it's been with me for no more than 3 months. I also found a similar topic with the same problem but it was a different OS on this website. Which is why i brought my problem here.

http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=96247

thats the topic =)

wratterus
29-06-2009, 10:46 AM
That issue was fixed by giving the keyboard a whack - eg it wasn't a software issue.

Just cause your keyboard is new doesn't mean it can't be faulty - occasionally it happens. That's what warranties are for. :)

I'd try your keyboard on another PC, see if the problem persists. If it's only 3 months old then it's under warranty, so you'll have no cost incurred to get it replaced.

roflist
29-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Well lets say i lost my warranty would should i do ? (i am looking for at the moment) but i don't want to depend on the warranty :(
thanks

wratterus
29-06-2009, 11:03 AM
If it's faulty chances of it being economical or even possible to fix are very slim.

You ought to be able to RMA it without your original invoice, where did you buy it?

roflist
29-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Virgin Mega store :x

wratterus
29-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Ah right, you're not in NZ then?

Have they shut down? Tried to access the US site but get a message saying they are no longer operating.

If that's the case, contact Logitech support directly.

roflist
29-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Well actually, i'm in kuwait where there is an open Virgin Mega store :p.

Wouldn't the system restore of XP fix the problem as it did in the vista version from the link i put up ? :x

wratterus
29-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Ah, OK. It looks to me like the person in that thread didn't actually try the restore, they just gave a keyboard a hit.

It can't hurt to try a restore, but it's extremely unlikely this is a software issue.

Is the Virgin store in Kuwait an online store, or a actual shop?

roflist
29-06-2009, 11:25 AM
An actual shop

wratterus
29-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Here is what I would do.

The issue is almost certainly hardware related. I'd confirm this, then take the keyboard with all the original packaging etc that you still have down to Virgin, and they ought to be good enough to help you out, even if you can't find the receipt.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/contact/&cl=nz,en

There's Logitech's support page.

roflist
29-06-2009, 11:33 AM
And if i they don't help me with my problem i should contact logitech directly or give it a whack ? :p

wratterus
29-06-2009, 11:34 AM
You could try both, probably sensible to contact Logitech first. :p

Blam
29-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Email logitech, they should give you advice on what to do next, when this happened to my w/l mouse they replaced it free of charge.

Blam

roflist
29-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Okay, for now i have contacted Logitech and i am expecting further instructions from them tomorrow. If they cannot help me i will head to Virgin Mega store and see if they can help, if not then i will try smacking and if that doesn't help there i will have to sadly enough buy another keyboard =(. Thank you all for the help you provided me. =)

wratterus
29-06-2009, 12:35 PM
No problem, and good luck! :)