PDA

View Full Version : Firefox toolbars problems

Mike S
29-06-2009, 06:59 AM
When I started using Firefox years ago it was browser heaven compared with IE but it now seems picky to run. All that was intuitive is no longer and much now seems dependent on the version one uses: Iím now on 3.0.11 where I found I could rid myself of the Bookmarks Toolbar somehow (I didnít document it!!), but now I want it back I can find no way of doing it. Can anyone help please?

My second problem is ridding myself of the AVG toolbar thatís installed itself uninvited, which also uses screen real estate.

gary67
29-06-2009, 07:40 AM
You might be able to uninstall the AVG toolbar using ccleaner or if it's really stubborn Revo uninstaller

zqwerty
29-06-2009, 08:36 AM
view/toolbar/untick the toolbar you don't want to see.

mikebartnz
29-06-2009, 11:39 AM
When I started using Firefox years ago it was browser heaven compared with IE but it now seems picky to run. All that was intuitive is no longer and much now seems dependent on the version one uses: I’m now on 3.0.11 where I found I could rid myself of the Bookmarks Toolbar somehow (I didn’t document it!!), but now I want it back I can find no way of doing it. Can anyone help please?

My second problem is ridding myself of the AVG toolbar that’s installed itself uninvited, which also uses screen real estate.
Stop blaming Firefox for changes you made and then promptly forgot how it was done. To cure your toolbar problem is done the way it has always been done. Right click on an empty toolbar area and the choose which you want or use View/Toolbars

Mike S
29-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Harsh but partly justified, Makbartnz. My initial change was partly a slip of the hand. Thanks for the assistance; it is appreciated, and I'm back where I want to be.

Mike S