PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Palmer's TicTacToe

05-07-2001, 10:44 AM
I believe that I have followed the instructions correctly however when I try to run the program I get the following message '[Error] TicTacToeU.pas(74): Statement expected but 'PROCEDURE' found'. This relates to the following line, 'procedure TfrmMain.Label2Click(Sender: TObject);'. It also list all other labels apart from Label1. I have tried both 'cut & paste' and typing the code longhand. Any suggestions?

05-07-2001, 03:45 PM
There seems to be a small error in the article - there is an 'end;' statement missing. In the Label1 procedure, it should read:
'CheckForWinner;
end;
if bGameOver = false...'

and so on. This 'end;' statment is also needed in all the other Label procedures.

You might also have noticed that in the public declarations he declares 'Procedure ComputerLetMove'. This should read 'procedure LetComputerMove' to be consistent with the use of 'LetComputerMove' later on.

06-07-2001, 09:33 AM
Thanks Andrew, that solved it. I did spot the typo with ComputerLetMove.

17-03-2002, 09:17 AM
Geoff Palmer has basically ruined my life with his pathetic tutorial. I was all ready to show a programming class i teach, and instead of writing the code myself, i just wrote out Geoff's code, THINKING that the retard might be able to string a few simple codes out for a PC WORLD SECTION!

anyway, no students could do it, they were fustrated, i had to go to each individual student and fill in the end; and tell them they must choose between LETMOVE or COMPUTERLET because a certin someone is as dumb as a mule.

Geoff Palmers, you dissapoint me.