PDA

View Full Version : No Internet for 8 days - arrrgh

Morgenmuffel
24-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Greetings from the Invercargill public library

I have had 8 days without internet, which sucks when you run a business that needs to be online a lot.

Orcon say the problem is with their supplier (I guess Telecom), and telecom reckoned they'd fixed the problem, but still no go, so orcon have rechecked everything their end again, and referred it to their supplier again. does this happen often, cause it is freaken driving me nuts, and am I likely to get a refund for the 8 days.

Should point out that i have tried everything my end including a new (orcon supplied) modem but nought makes any difference.

What should i do next as I am going potty, note that i probably won't get to read this till i next come into town.

Must be nearly out of time and I really don't like paying for something that i am already paying for at home.

anyone else in the Grasmere area of Invers having this problem?

CYaBro
24-06-2009, 01:42 PM
I had a client who was with Vodafone for their land lines and a local ISP for the internet.
They had an internet problem so called their ISP to log the fault.
Over the next week or more the ISP kept blaming Telecom, Telecom kept blaming Vodafone and Vodafone said they had nothing to do with it.
In the end, after having no internet for about 8 days as well, they canceled the landline broadband and got a wireless solution installed.

wainuitech
24-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Had a customer with a Similar problem but this was with Telecom Completely.

In the end I asked to have a telcom tech Come out and prove its not Telecoms fault - they advised it would cost $80 if they found the fault to be either a Modem (not supplied by them) or some other problem not related to Telecom.

The customer agreed - Next day Telecom showed up - Didn't work - the guy fiddled with something up the Pole and away it went. Telecom's problem as expected.

I'm suspecting Telecom are Blaming Orcon, as its an easy way out for them - IF your ISP were Telecom, then they would look more closely into the problem.

decibel
24-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Does your modem synch up ??

Morgenmuffel
25-06-2009, 12:42 PM
yipee yahoo, I'm back, from what I can tell the problem was a Telecom issue, I rang the orcon help desk again today was on hold for about half an hour, the guy said that they had been notified 10 mins earlier that telecom was checking/or fixing/or had fixed the connection (can't remember now as listening to the same 3 songs and only parts of them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again had turned my brain to jelly), so i should check the connection in a couple of hours and let them know if it wasn't working.

Then just as i was about to shutdown the comp, the PPP light came on and we now have internet.

now to find out about compensation

wainuitech
25-06-2009, 01:07 PM
from what I can tell the problem was a Telecom issue

Are we surprised :eek: Narrrrrrrr -- Some of there so called "fixes" leave a lot to be desired.

Now you can make up for lost time :D