PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Error

LarsJohann
24-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello, I'm hosting a game server, which I've been having issues prior. Well last night I was able to get the game hosted properly and this morning I tried logging into SQLyog to look at the database to make some fixes and I got this error 2003 "Can't connect". This baffled me because I was on just yesterday and nothing had changed but my IP. I had gone to host file to allow my new IP and I still continue to get the error 2003. I have deleted my old MySQL service and started a new one. I use this database and have other people connecting to it. They, however, can connect to the database, but not me and I started the server. Right now I'm running Vista 32 Home Edition. I have had a friend who came across the same issue and could never figure it out, so any input or suggestions I will gladly try. I have been at it for more then week and to finally get it working and then taken away isn't fun.

Thank you for your time.

somebody
24-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Hello, I'm hosting a game server, which I've been having issues prior. Well last night I was able to get the game hosted properly and this morning I tried logging into SQLyog to look at the database to make some fixes and I got this error 2003 "Can't connect". This baffled me because I was on just yesterday and nothing had changed but my IP. I had gone to host file to allow my new IP and I still continue to get the error 2003. I have deleted my old MySQL service and started a new one. I use this database and have other people connecting to it. They, however, can connect to the database, but not me and I started the server. Right now I'm running Vista 32 Home Edition. I have had a friend who came across the same issue and could never figure it out, so any input or suggestions I will gladly try. I have been at it for more then week and to finally get it working and then taken away isn't fun.

Thank you for your time.

Are you accessing it from the machine the "server" is running on? If so, are you using localhost, or your external IP to connect to the database? Are you using your dyndns address to connect to it?

nate
24-06-2009, 04:30 PM
At command prompt type "netstat -a" on your machine and see if the database is actually up and running.

somebody
24-06-2009, 04:49 PM
At command prompt type "netstat -a" on your machine and see if the database is actually up and running.

If others can connect to it (as Lars said in his original post), then clearly it's up and running.

Welcome to PF1 by the way!