atx650 power
asus p5q-e mother board
gforce 9600 gso 1 gig graghics card
775 chip set intel duel quad core.
two one gig 1066 ram
new 500 gig sata
new cd dvd sata disk drive
xp op system.
thing is blue screen crashing or a game will freez and sound like a skipping record.I hate this new build and want to try agian with a new build any sugetions?

Speedy Gonzales
24-06-2009, 09:15 AM
What version of windows is it?? WHAT does the BSOD say?? Does it say the name of a file? Does it only happen in games?? Anytime?

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 09:24 AM
xp pro service pack2 but have pack 3 , yes on games wold of war craft and call of duty4 both crash, also crashes on line so its just not the games it crashes on

Speedy Gonzales
24-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Umm if you want to fix it, we can try a few things. Press the windows key (if the keyboard has one) + pause. Go to advanced, startup and recovery / settings. Untick automatically restart. That'll show you the BSOD and the stop error / and maybe the name of a file/driver. Tell us what the stop error is, and the name of the file / driver (if it shows one).

Go to start/run type eventvwr. Go to application (probably system). Look for a bugcheck entry. Double click on it, click on the icon under the down arrow. then paste it (CTRL-V) here.

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 09:39 AM
if you look up this board you will see its a nice mb i got it all hooked up right that im sure of, one of the problems im haven is it wont install the wow game from disk, still have it on my old ide driver so i just jump to the file to launch it, old hd is slaved.
I have reformated the old hd after wipeing it,and just installed it alone, same prob, took it out and got a new 500gig sata,formated it and installed windows only alone still same problem it not installing game all the way and crashes on explorer or foxfire, some one told me it was a sector that controlls the c drive but not sure. i have not over clocked anything its all on auto.

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I also checked the ram sticks that are in tandum with the walking ones program, as for the file all it said was it recoved from a critical error and is dumbing memery unistall any newly installed programes and restart computer ect im sure you have seen this error message before

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 09:43 AM
im on my brothe4rs system at moment got my system accross town not online

Blam
24-06-2009, 10:06 AM
What does it say on the BSOD?

Download memtest, and burn to a CD then test the RAM.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Blam

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I did the walking ones mem test full test took four hours didnt much trust the test went out got two more 1 gig sticks still same

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 10:26 AM
is the asus p5q-e a good board or should i get a better one, i want to build a screamming system money is no object dont need all the suround sound speakere stuff or anything, the last thought i had about my issue was maybe my monitor is not a flat screen could that cause a conflict?

Blam
24-06-2009, 10:35 AM
P5Q-E is sufficient. If you're a gamer I'd worry more about upgrading the graphics card to a 4870/4890 at least.

Its unlikely a flat screen caused the "conflict"

We cannot get anywhere if you do not tell us what is on the BSOD or give us any information we need.

I suspect driver issues is the likeliest cause.

Blam

jimpossible
24-06-2009, 11:02 AM
i have to get back to you on the bsod, im on a differant computer and not at my place, i have updated the drivers and got driver cure to run any thing needed stil no help any way i think im done with this board going to start a new build with the evga x58 sli classified. got a new 55 inch flat tv should be pro with games lol, a bit over kill but ell it was on sale lol. any issues with ddr3? there is so much being out dated now a days even vista will be gone soon i see they are stilll selling systems at best buy with vista loaded on them and by christmas windows7 will be the in thing.

Blam
24-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Uninstall driver cure. Rogue Crap.

No issues with DDR3, although the current print to performance ratio is very bad.

Not worth it currently.

Check in event log as mentioned earlier for errors