PDA

View Full Version : Police can invetigate Rugby attack but no Visa Fraud !

Digby
22-06-2009, 06:22 PM
How come the police can investigate the attack on the French Rugby player without a complaint, but they can't investigate the Maori guy selling visas to Islanders without a complaint!

It shows their rules and practices are in need of a sharp overhaul. The police should investigate and charge someone in every case of the law being broken!
Eg drunken behavior in public, guys having sex with underage girls, etc etc.

Renmoo
22-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I would refrain from commenting on your post unless the appropriate statutes are dug up first.

Emotism is not a philosophical way to judge on matters.

Laura
22-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I would refrain from commenting on your post unless the appropriate statutes are dug up first.

Emotism is not a philosophical way to judge on matters.

I doubt that emotism is quite the word you were looking for, Jamuz.

Just good old emotion would've done.

beeswax34
22-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Digby, there could be a difference between those 2 types of crime- the assault would be criminal while the Immigration/Visa could be more civil or upto the Department of Internal Affairs to consider.

Twelvevolts
22-06-2009, 09:40 PM
How come the police can investigate the attack on the French Rugby player without a complaint, but they can't investigate the Maori guy selling visas to Islanders without a complaint!

It shows their rules and practices are in need of a sharp overhaul. The police should investigate and charge someone in every case of the law being broken!
Eg drunken behavior in public, guys having sex with underage girls, etc etc.

The seriousness of assault and violence over property or fraud offences is covered in the Criminal Justice Act. The Police have done the right thing, five thugs jumping someone should be taken more seriosly than selling visas, especially as in the case of the latter there may not have been an offence committed (like in the case where the women gave her money to some Nigerian guy willingly, stupid but not always criminal).

qazwsxokmijn
23-06-2009, 05:07 PM
HA!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2526703/Visa-scam-accused-arrested

So what the hell is Gerard guy and his passe going to do, when immigration wants to deport overstayers, exactly?? What can he do?