PDA

View Full Version : cd burn fail!

04-07-2001, 07:56 PM
I have a new cd burner and i keep getting burn fail buffer overide or something when it fails :(. Ive tried it at 1X with high quality cds but with the same result. i have tried different burning programs

04-07-2001, 08:40 PM
What kind of cd writer have you got?
What are you trying to burn?

04-07-2001, 11:49 PM
as K P says what writer have you got? what program are you using to write?
Are you trying to write cd from files on hdd Or another cd?
It sounds like you might be trying to copy a cd from the cd-rom to the cd-writer?
if so try copying the image to hdd first or if (like my hp 8230e)the writer software won't let you copy to hdd first from cd-rom,put the disc you want to copy in the writer & replace with cd-r as prompted.
TIP:If you are not sure, practice on a cd-rw,if it don't work at least you can erase it & you don't end up with a coaster for your coffee cup.
cheers steve

05-07-2001, 05:18 PM
It should not really be a problem. 1X should be no prob. Neither should it be with the software cos regardless if its Adaptec/Nero or whatever they are designed for its use. Cos who would buy the s/w if people cannot do normal things - agree??

First of all buffer happens cos your PC is too loaded - press CTRL ALT DEL and close off programs down like system agent, screen saver, virus scanner, internet, email, word, excel, firewall, icq, games whatever!! Close them down to free resources. Having little ram could also be a problem. Right click E: or whatever and click properties there maybe a tab like DirectCD and choose 1X speed.

Like the previous helper - use a CD RW and test it first. You could also do a test and copy feature of ur s/w supports it - like Adaptec version 4.

I have a feeling that the CD Writer is stuffed or maybe the CD-ROM Drive. Test it by copying to HD and copy to CD RW if it works - maybe then its CD ROM's fault. This feature only writes to CD until its sure it would work thus saving u a dead CD. If it does not fix it maybe the CD RW Drive or ur system ie. memory, motherboard ...

Also test the CD RW on another PC ... keeping doing these things until u can isolate the problem.

05-07-2001, 10:03 PM
Buffer under runs (which is what I am guessing you have) are frequently caused by having a virus checker running in the background. You should be able to burn at top speed, so 1. make sure the checker is disabled 2. if still have problems, check your system tray for icons - these are programs running 3. press ctr-alt-del and stop everything except explorer and systray 4. visit the website of your software vendor eg www.roxio.com for Adaptec software. This is a well known and documented problem with EasyCD Creator.