PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla bookmark in iMac

Taurus
21-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I have accidentally deleted most of my bookmarks in Mozilla. I am using iMac runing Max OSX Leopard. I have a backup of the complete harddisk but I do not wish to go through the restore process. I just want to retrieve a copy of the bookmark. Does anyone know where Mozilla stores the bookmarks? any help will be greatly appreciated.

plod
21-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Are you using time machine for backup?

You could try library/application support/firefox/profiles

Taurus
21-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Are you using time machine for backup?

You could try library/application support/firefox/profiles

Yes I am using time machine. I am not able to find the folder firefox/profiles. The is a mozilla/extensions/{ec8030... but I don't think that is the one. did a search of the harddisk, there is no firefox/profiles, even though I go thru the past few back copies of the backup

plod
21-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes I am using time machine. I am not able to find the folder firefox/profiles. The is a mozilla/extensions/{ec8030... but I don't think that is the one. did a search of the harddisk, there is no firefox/profiles, even though I go thru the past few back copies of the backup

Might i suggest just trashing mozilla, then go into time machine to a date where you still had your bookmarks. Its only a thought

Blam
21-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Might i suggest just trashing mozilla, then go into time machine to a date where you still had your bookmarks. Its only a thought

And then exporting to an HTML file then going back to current state and re-import Bookmarks

Sue
22-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Restore the folder from Time Machine.
Use the Finder in column mode, it's easier to follow.

It's under User Library > Application Support > Firefox > Profiles > jteyrtuc > Bookmarks.
I'd restore the whole jteyrtuc folder.
Best.