PDA

View Full Version : These kinds of people exist??

qazwsxokmijn
20-06-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/evolution_the_big_hoax.htm

Looks like this guy can benefit from a day of NCEA level 1 biology.

And perhaps a day from any other NCEA level 1 subjects.

Though this quote of his leads me to believe he is beyond help:
"Children are taught that humans are animals. If this is true, then bestiality is acceptable, right? This is what the evolutionists teach is it not?"

beeswax34
20-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh, they've always existed and will continue to do so.

God created everything in a day or two sounds so much more plausible

Deane F
21-06-2009, 12:04 AM
It's a big wide world isn't it? Remarkable that there should be so many people who fervently believe so many things that are not the same as the things other people believe in fervently.

beeswax34
21-06-2009, 03:04 AM
Nothing wrong in believing fervently in something, just that when you're absolutely wrong, give it up.

pcuser42
21-06-2009, 09:34 AM
It's much more believable IMO that we mutated from apes than a supernatural being created the entire universe in six days. (Not that I'm saying you can't believe in God.)

gary67
21-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't believe and SWMBO does believe in the existence of the all singing all dancing being that can create the world as we know it in 6 days and we get along just fine

prefect
21-06-2009, 10:07 AM
These evolution nutters just makes Charles Darwins theory on evolution more sound

qazwsxokmijn
21-06-2009, 10:42 AM
It's a big wide world isn't it? Remarkable that there should be so many people who fervently believe so many things that are not the same as the things other people believe in fervently.
Nothing wrong with believing a god created everything.

There is something VERY wrong when someone takes that belief to the level of that guy in the link. For example, when was the last time you heard a biologist say bestiality is naturally acceptable? That guy, if you read his stuff, keeps coming to false uneducated conclusions about evolution to make it look bad.

ZapperBoy10647
21-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I got sick of it in the end lol....

Colpol
21-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Probably permanently on "P"

Deane F
21-06-2009, 01:14 PM

There is something VERY wrong when someone takes that belief to the level of that guy in the link. For example, when was the last time you heard a biologist say bestiality is naturally acceptable? That guy, if you read his stuff, keeps coming to false uneducated conclusions about evolution to make it look bad.

Yeah I think he's wrong and he is putting forward a completely illogical counterargument.

I just think that beliefs about stuff like how we came to be here and what happens when we die etc are interesting and all - but the only thing that really matters is how we act - our deeds.

He is a zealot - but they are everywhere - including in the world of science. Look up Sir Fred Hoyle - he was an eminent astronomer that totally rejected the theory of the Big Bang and came up with a wild theory of his own just so that he could have something to refute it with.

qazwsxokmijn
21-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Kinda reminds me of that crazy b*tch on trading spouses.....that 'Christian Warrior' fat woman.....remember her?

Peterj116
21-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Absolutely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lORCuR84-_8

Sweep
21-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Because I am rather miffed about some things going on in this country I decided last week to get a boat and keep going West for a while.

Then I realised that eventually I would fall off the world altogether as we know it is flat so I dumped that plan in favour of staying here and pushing my own half baked theorys! :D

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

Bozo
22-06-2009, 02:07 AM

There is something VERY wrong when someone takes that belief to the level of that guy in the link.

Agreed, same applies to any religion/belief.

Its when these people adopt the 'hollier than thou' attitude I can't stand them...

Gobe1
23-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Phew that is a huge read, and not the way to go about telling people they are wrong. I didnt read it all but he does have some interesting theories of his own.
Reminds me a little of Al Gore....

Deane F
23-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Because I am rather miffed about some things going on in this country I decided last week to get a boat and keep going West for a while.

Then I realised that eventually I would fall off the world altogether as we know it is flat so I dumped that plan in favour of staying here and pushing my own half baked theorys! :D

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

They're completely wrong. The world isn't flat at all.

It's kind of dish shaped. Mountains around the edge.

pcuser42
23-06-2009, 04:57 PM
How can you say the world is flat when we have photos of the Earth from space?

Metla
23-06-2009, 05:13 PM
He has some interesting points, Where for example are all the skeletons/fossils of the short necked giraffes that evolved into the long necked variety, we should have dozens of "in betweens"....

somebody
23-06-2009, 05:20 PM
How can you say the world is flat when we have photos of the Earth from space?

The earth is "flat" http://www.thomaslfriedman.com/bookshelf/the-world-is-flat - not literally, but metaphorically.

johcar
23-06-2009, 05:33 PM
They're completely wrong. The world isn't flat at all.

It's kind of dish shaped. Mountains around the edge.

And carried on the back of four elephants standing on a turtle named "The Great A'Tuin"...