PDA

View Full Version : Optical Drive not showing on Computer?

Sir Prospect
20-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi Everyone...

have a slight problem..

I have a Asus DRW-22B1L and it was working fine yesterday, but today morning in My computer, it didnt display the D: Drive. All it showed was the C:/ Drive. I checked in Device amanger, cant even find a section for the optical drive.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium BTW

Just checked in Nero 8 DiscSpeed. It says no CD-ROM drive found

Help?

wainuitech
20-06-2009, 11:28 AM
run system restore back to yesterday - see if it shows.

In Vista - click start orb, type in restore, Select system Restore (when it opens - may take a short while) either go with the restore point selected or choose a different restore point -- Click Next - follow prompts through.

Sir Prospect
20-06-2009, 11:30 AM
run system restore back to yesterday - see if it shows.

In Vista - click start orb, type in restore, Select system Restore (when it opens - may take a short while) either go with the restore point selected or choose a different restore point -- Click Next - follow prompts through.

So what could be the problem?

And System Restore, will i lose my files that I just made today?

pctek
20-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Dead drive? Check if it shows in the BIOS.

wainuitech
20-06-2009, 12:17 PM
So what could be the problem?

And System Restore, will i lose my files that I just made today? If you run system restore back to when it was working yesterday that will eliminate a software problem, it will put the OS system files back to how they were, something may have become corrupted, then if it still doesn't show as pctek advised - a possible drive problem.

No you wont lose any documents, emails that have been created - only items that will change is any programs you installed, or downloaded/removed.

Sir Prospect
20-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Something funny is going on here....

All i did was restart my computer, and the drive appears? No Sys Restore.

What the hell is going on?

wainuitech
20-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Could be something not waking up right this morning, or something loose and bumping around knocked back into position.

Could be because the rugby's on tonight :D ---Who knows

Blam
20-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I would make sure the cables are in tightly.