PDA

View Full Version : graphics card problem

powerover
19-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi there everyone.

I have just finished building my new pc and there is a problem:

the image appears on my full HD screen as a shrink image, there is a boarder around the display which is black. The whole thing worked before I start updating windows(no black boarder), but somewhere along the line it starts showing this boarder and it is driving me up the walls!!

during the installation of the latest graphics card driver the boarder disappears, but right after i click the finish button it shrinks back to a smaller size. in the display setting it says it is outputting 1920*1080 but it is not!

how can I fix this?

my graphic card xfx nvidia 250gtx

the_bogan
19-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Have you tried using the auto-set or what ever it's called on the monitor?

powerover
19-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Hi there thnks for the reply.

I have try that, the screen is pretty smart it will do everything itself.

it is a mansung syncmaster 2333sw.

DeSade
19-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Try taking the display down to 600 x 800 then bring it back to what you want to leave it as.

powerover
19-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I just find out that if I play some games, during the game the screen kicks into full screen mode (with no black boarder), but if I exit the game then it is back to the shrinken size with a black boarder....

powerover
19-06-2009, 08:24 AM
thnsk for the reply DeSade.

If i bring the resolution down it does work(with no black boarder), but it works for every resolution combination except full hd, which is what I want it to do. if I set it to full hd resolution then it the black boarder pops up again......

DeSade
19-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Normally I would pin that on left-over drivers that weren't uninstalled before the new card went in but in this case it sounds like its all new so its baffling.

Try what I said above then use a driver cleaner and remove them completely before reinstalling.

Also make sure you do not have onboard graphics chip on the motherboard, disable it if you do and haven't already in the bios.

linw
19-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Talking of "black boarders" could be considered a bit racist in some circles!!

DeSade
19-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Its sounding more and more like a monitor setting as each piece of software adjusts the screen due to its own output.

stormdragon
19-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm running two Samsung 2233 on a 260GTX and had simlar problems after updating my drivers to the latest. Try uninstalling the drivers and install the previous version.

powerover
19-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey guys thnks for all the reply. I just solved the problem!

what is causing it : Nvidia Ntune software.

solution: go to the HDTV setting then it has a setting to resize your screen, resize it, done!

what i did to find out the solution:
*uninstall the driver for graphics card
*boot into safe mode, disable the graphic card
*boot normally, enable the graphic card
*then the HDTV setting poped up by itself, resize the screen :)
*done!

once again thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated. :thumbs: