PDA

View Full Version : Burned DVD Wont play

pine-o-cleen
17-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Ok so Dad gave me a DVD that he wanted a copy of but he had to give the DVD back the next day and we didn't have any blanks, so I used DVD Shrink to copy it to my hard drive. Today he got some blanks, and I used Deep Burner to burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files to a DVD+R.

Now I can play the DVD on my computer, but it doesn't seem to want to play on our DVD player. It comes up with something like "Can't play this type of disc".

Why!?

Blam
17-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Tried a DVD-R?

pine-o-cleen
17-06-2009, 09:04 PM
No, don't have any. Should I have used one?

Blam
17-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Not sure, but some DVD players don't play nicely with some DVD formats.

Did you try burning at a slower speed?

pine-o-cleen
17-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Nope. Will do.

ooh yeh
17-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I would use DVD Flick (free program)to burn as it uses Imageburn which I feel gives better results.
As Blam6 said burn at the slowest speed possible.
Check that your player can play DVD+R discs.
My guess is that a DVD-R would be a better choice.:2cents:

PaulD
17-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I would use DVD Flick (free program)to burn as it uses Imageburn which I feel gives better results.
As Blam6 said burn at the slowest speed possible.
Check that your player can play DVD+R discs.
My guess is that a DVD-R would be a better choice.:2cents:

There's no reason why ImgBurn can't be used after Shrink.

DVD+R can be "book typed" so that they ID as DVD-ROM to players.

Lawrence
18-06-2009, 10:21 AM
If I remember correctly,DVD Shrink when downloaded gives you a choice of what burner software to use that you have on your computer,I run it with DVD Decrypter ,look here for your choices http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php. find Decrypter the best to use for backup both Read/write, also you have less problems with DVD-R disks if you use older Hardware (DVD Rom/player/DVD Player