PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Mouse

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Guys

Got what is an annoyance rather than a problem. After the computer has hibernated then resumes, it takes sometime for my LogiTech bluetooth mouse to respond. Approximately one minute. Hate the scratchpad on laptops but have to use it till the mouse wakes up. Bluetooth Manager Icon shows everything is alive and well in the computer but does not show connection. Clicking the buttons on the mouse doesn't help. Running XP Pro in a Toshi A100.

The problem, I think is the connection between the computer and the mouse. Is there anyway to wake the mouse sooner. Maybe through msconfig?

In all other respects, I'm very happy with this mouse. Battery life is incredible.

BURNZEE

Those last on the food chain are always first on the menu!!

GameJunkie
17-06-2009, 10:55 AM
have you tried pressing the reset button underneath the mouse?
i've got the V220 mouse but that is wireless.
could be the drivers

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi GameJunkie

Yep, tried that. Doesn't work. Shouldn't have to do it anyway. Want to come to my computer, click the mouse button and be in business.

Thought about correcting this through the registry. Anyone know how to do this?

BURNZEE

Blam
17-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing its taking a while to start the BT Stack....

I'll do a bit of googling/looking around and get back on if you can make the BT Stack load first, or something similar

Blam

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Blam6

My thoughts exactly. When resuming from hibernation does the computer go though the start up list again? My guess is yes but not sure of this. :confused::eek::groan:

BURNZEE

Blam
17-06-2009, 07:48 PM
When it resumes, it restores the RAM "Image" from the HDD to the RAM, but I would suspect that it would need to restart the BT stack, kinda like the hibernate/sleep wireless connectivity problems MS still hasn't fixed yet!

Blam

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Blam6

Thanks for clearing that up. Would the problem be fixed if I made the bluetooth start through the RUN section of the Registry?

BURNZEE

Speedy Gonzales
17-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Whats the model of the mouse, and what service pack is on it?

Phil B
17-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Setpoint doesn't seem to get on with xp very well. I had no end of problems with it on xp. I had another go at vista & setpoint worked flawlessly. Got p'd off with vista & tried it with win 7 & it works flawlessly & much quicker than it did on vista, as everything else seems to too. When I was having grief trying to get it going properly on xp, I ended up using setpoint 3.3 that came on the logitech cd. It worked better than the newest setpoint 4.6. I'm on 4.72 now. I found you had to use every registry cleaner known to man to get rid of the logitech remnants in the registry before it would install all the older stuff & work properly

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Speedy & Phil B

MOUSE: Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse.
SERVICE PACK: 3

Set Point is a pain, have updated it latest version, 4.72.40, today but has not helped the situation.

There is a Bluetooth icon on the task bar which takes the form of an antenna. When connected to the mouse, this becomes animated, displaying radio waves radiating from it. No mouse, no animation.

This seems to indicate the computer is not connecting to the mouse until last. Hence the delay. Therefore I agree with Blam6 - the bluetooth stack needs to start first.

However I'm willing to try anything, thanks Guys.

BURNZEE

Speedy Gonzales
17-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Hmm looks like its a prob with SP3 (http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general_mice&thread.id=17813)

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for that Speedy. Very interesting. Have to wait and see what M$ do about it.

BURNZEE

Burnzee
17-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Following on from Speedy's link does anyone know how to use a LogiTech V470 without Setpoint? Might make another thread with this question tomorrow.

BURNZEE

Phil B
18-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I forgot to mention, you have to disable the microsoft bluetooth stack. Uninstall everything to do with setpoint, clean the registry until it shines then follow http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889814 Then reinstall setpoint.
That'll get you going. Even after doing all that it's not 100% on xp
I resorted to a wired keyboard & mouse whilst doing this

Burnzee
18-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Phil B

Thanks for the information. Cheers!!

BURNZEE

Burnzee
18-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for your input. Have found the THIS (http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/TQ089LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&rp=4&rs=highestRated). Seems it's a general fault in the mouse and of course SP 3. As I have both. Gotta live to live with it!! :groan:

Thanks again

BURNZEE