PDA

View Full Version : problems with xbox NAT

xXcoleXx
16-06-2009, 10:02 PM
ever since iv had my x box (now 360) i have always had a closed NAT this is very anoying it makes matchmaking slower and all that but i simply can't change it i have been on the phone with my isp provider and mircrosoft them selves with no change i went to the d-link website and found the info for my router
DSL 504G (the XTRA provided version) and found the required ports that i needed to open i can open UDP 88 and UDP 3074 but when i try to open TCP 3074 it ses that there is an overlap and dose not alow me. The D-link people wer stumped and so were the other helplines so if any one has any sugestions it would be helpfull :thanks

ps: due to area problems with xtra i changed my ISP to slingshot tho im not sure if that will afect my router even tho it was provided by XTRA

Speedy Gonzales
16-06-2009, 10:16 PM
If the router has a DMZ option, put the ip of the Xbox in there. It'll save you mucking around, trying to get it to connect with ports. Thats if youre trying to get the Xbox to connect

xXcoleXx
16-06-2009, 11:20 PM
the x box is conecting to the internet its just that the NAT setting is closed and i canot change it to open

Speedy Gonzales
16-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Nup dont know then. Is the firmware on the router up to date?

Jester
17-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Speedy's first answer is your answer. Rather than opening ports, if you put the XBox in the DMZ area internet traffic will forward direct to it without filtering and when you test your network connection on the XBox it won't show a NAT problem. That's what worked for us - we had a connection and could play online but it said we had a NAT issue when we tested the connection. We now seem to get a better connection, lower ping and faster download speeds for patches etc.

Look through the options in your router, you may find DMZ under virtual server or similar.

xXcoleXx
18-06-2009, 07:24 PM
i put the ip of my x box into the dmz then saved an reboted but my x box still ses that my NAT is strict :crying

Jester
18-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Damn :(

Speedy Gonzales
18-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Reset the modem, if you havent yet re-add the isp's info. Go to DMZ add the Xbox's ip address to it. Save the settings reboot. WHAT ip did you add to the Xbox (is it within the router's valid ip addresses)?