PDA

View Full Version : Vista Ultimate

Hitech
14-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Ive recently installed vista ultimate and i have lost my key to activate it can somebody please help me get another key and keeping within pc forum rules most of you will know what type of key i need.

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Ring MS

Hitech
14-06-2009, 09:55 PM
They cant help its not an oem version and ms wont give out just anykey.

wainuitech
14-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Can we assume you installed vista with no product key ?

If its not an OEM version then what Version is it - in other words, where did you get it from ?

somebody
14-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Ive recently installed vista ultimate and i have lost my key to activate it can somebody please help me get another key and keeping within pc forum rules most of you will know what type of key i need.

No.

Hitech
14-06-2009, 09:59 PM
A friend of mine gave it to me but i have lost the piece of paper that the key was written on so all i need is the key and ill be away pls help.

CYaBro
14-06-2009, 10:03 PM
A friend of mine gave it to me but i have lost the piece of paper that the key was written on so all i need is the key and ill be away pls help.

:lol::lol: Yea right!
If it was a legal copy then the key wouldn't be written on a piece of paper.

wainuitech
14-06-2009, 10:04 PM
So your friend got Vista, a Single user License, on his/her PC and then gave it to you to install -- :groan:

Best you call MS and explain why you are trying to install a single user license on more than one PC - Think you only need one guess as to what they would say. heres One way around the problem (http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=375435)

Hitech
14-06-2009, 10:12 PM
NO He bought vista ultimate and after two months he didnt like it so he gave me the disc with key and as i said have lost the key.

If none of you guys want to help then dont bother replying i noticed most of the big guns help each other out on here but when i want some help i get a barrage of questions instead of a a key to run vista ultimate so if you dont want to help then dont bother.

Hitech
14-06-2009, 10:13 PM
He chucked the package with the number on it he doesnt collect boxes so he chucked it.

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Well noone can just GIVE you a key. So, there's not much we / you can do about it

CYaBro
14-06-2009, 10:26 PM
He chucked the package with the number on it he doesnt collect boxes so he chucked it.

If that is true then MS can help you.
I have in the past photocopied an original MS disc and faxed them a copy and they have then given me a new key for that disc.
They need the product number which is usually around the centre hole in the disc.
As speedy said noone here can just give you a key as that key belongs to them and has been activated on their machine.

wainuitech
14-06-2009, 10:27 PM
NO He bought vista ultimate and after two months he didnt like it so he gave me the disc with key and as i said have lost the key.

If none of you guys want to help then dont bother replying i noticed most of the big guns help each other out on here but when i want some help i get a barrage of questions instead of a a key to run vista ultimate so if you dont want to help then dont bother. That last sentence is FAR from true - no one is a mind reader and knows where the original came from - to do it legally then there are ways -- The legal Way - either buy a new version OR get in touch with MS - and provide a proof of purchase Eg: receipt of the original, and they will be able to help you, or as CyaBro Suggested.

No ones going to provide illegal keys -- out of interest - where would you expect others to suddenly produce keys (legally)from.

Its Hardly any ones fault here if someone else is silly enough to throw out important information like product keys.

qazwsxokmijn
14-06-2009, 10:35 PM
It's VERY unreasonable for you to expect anyone to give you some 'magic' product key. If such a product key exist then only a select few at MS would know. Nobody would give you a legit product key, which would mean giving away a $380 piece of algorithm. And it's unreasonable for you to expect anyone to give you any illegal workaround on PF1.

Jen
14-06-2009, 11:33 PM

If that is true then MS can help you.
I have in the past photocopied an original MS disc and faxed them a copy and they have then given me a new key for that disc.
They need the product number which is usually around the centre hole in the disc.CYaBro has provided you with a helpful solution. You have the disk so I suggest you do this rather than asking on the forum for someone's key.

Thread closed.