PDA

View Full Version : Xnet redirect email to Gmail?

lakewoodlady
14-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi,
Does anyone out there get their email redirected to a Gmail account?

I can't find any settings on the Xnet site for doing it, I have emailed them, but no reply so far.

Cheers LL :confused:

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2009, 09:05 AM
?? You can get your gmail email, forwarded to your Xnet email addy. Or you can access your gmail email through Outlook / Outlook Express, If this is what you mean. You have to go to the Gmail site, and change this in preferences. The Xnet site has nothing to do with it.

somebody
14-06-2009, 09:45 AM
?? You can get your gmail email, forwarded to your Xnet email addy. Or you can access your gmail email through Outlook / Outlook Express, If this is what you mean. You have to go to the Gmail site, and change this in preferences. The Xnet site has nothing to do with it.

Lakewoodlady wants to set up forwarding so that anything which goes to her @xnet account is automatically forwarded to her @gmail.

As I don't have an Xnet account I can't be overly helpful, but in other situations where I've had to do the same, there has been a setting buried within the webmail settings of the account I want to forward from.

An alternative, is that Gmail has the ability to grab mail from an external account (POP3) - you could set it up that way around, which means you won't have to worry about figuring out how to do it at Xnet's end.

lakewoodlady
14-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for that Speedy, yes I am looking for a way of forwarding my mail from the xnet server to gmail, and from there to Outlook Express. I am getting huge amounts of spam and really sick of it. It is a pain to try and notify everyone of a new address.

LL

lakewoodlady
14-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you Somebody,
I think having the mail from xnet redirected to gmail might be a better option, basically I want to cut down on the spam.

LL

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Hmmm try logging into gmail. go to settings / accounts / 2nd option / get mail from other accounts. And add your xnet email addy to it. Then you'll have to enable pop forwarding in gmail (the forwarding and pop/Imap option in gmail).

So, whatever emails will be forwarded to your Xnet email. I would just use something like poptray which is free. You can add whatever emails to it (to block/delete spam). Before you receive whatever

Blam
14-06-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.xnet.co.nz/support/

Use the settings there to add Xnet to gmail