PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Vodafone broadband

John D
11-06-2009, 11:30 PM
I have done a search on Vodafone broadband on the forum threads here and it seems like it gets bad reviews from most.But the info I found was some what dated.

Is it true to say that it is still not up to much.

What is the opinion on them these days.

Thanks.

Brooko
11-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Personally, I can't fault the package I have. Their help-desk can be a little slow sometimes - but I'm patient, and I always get an answer.

I'm on the Ultimate pack (20Gb/month) - full speed up and down. I have to be because I help maintain the Mepis Linux Community repository - frequent uploads. It has been generally very quick. Very few outages.

I generally get 450-600 KB/sec down (depending on site and time - peak etc).
Up is a lot slower - around 80-100 KB/sec - but still miles faster than what I was.

For me - it works, it's fast. no hassles.

gary67
12-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Personally, I can't fault the package I have. Their help-desk can be a little slow sometimes - but I'm patient, and I always get an answer.

I'm on the Ultimate pack (20Gb/month) - full speed up and down. I have to be because I help maintain the Mepis Linux Community repository - frequent uploads. It has been generally very quick. Very few outages.

I generally get 450-600 KB/sec down (depending on site and time - peak etc).
Up is a lot slower - around 80-100 KB/sec - but still miles faster than what I was.

For me - it works, it's fast. no hassles.

Much the same here in Nelson for us it just works as it says it will. We are on the same plan and run 3-4 computers on the package and use the 20Gb just about every month.

chiefnz
12-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Yep same here, on the ultimate pack, I did have issues when I 1st started with them but once I changed to a different modem things went much smoother. If you were to go with them I would forfeit the modem they give you and buy your own. The modems they supply are really nasty to say the least.

Cheers,

lagbort
12-06-2009, 08:27 AM
we were with them up until about 3 months ago, they screwed up our billing something horrendous and refused to admit fault, so we just cancelled and moved on.
Now with xtra and really cant notice any difference in performance, if anything things seem marginally faster.

pctek
12-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I've been with Ihug since they first launched it. Its now Vodafone. Had one problem with tolls after the first 2 days, it was sorted pretty quick an haven't had any issues since. Broadband just chugs along..........nothing to moan about there either.

autechre
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Working fine for me too. I have an older plan on a 3.5MB connection and haven't had any need to call the helpdesk.

beeswax34
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Yup, none of my friends on Vodafone BB have any issues with it really.

Phil B
13-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I have vodafone adsl2 at work, the download speeds can be 1mb on a good day. I've got orcon adsl at home, the download speeds can hit 800kbs on a good day. Why is it that with vodafone the downloading of a web page takes 5 times longer?? It's not the end of the world, vodafone's landline to mobile charges are much cheaper than telecoms, which is why I changed to them anyway