PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you get "failed to deliver" kind of e-mail?

Bazman
11-06-2009, 05:54 AM
I blocked a Hotmail address and a Gmail address in another Hotmail address. All accounts are mine.

Then I used both the one hotmail add and the Gmail add to send a message to the Hotmail add with the blocked ads.

However, for both the Hotmail and Gmail ads I didn't get a confirmation e-mail back that my email wasn't delivered by the recipient.

I haven't used Hotmail since about 2006, but do clearly remember back then you used to get an e-mail back if you were blocked saying the email failed to be delivered to the recipient.

Did Hotmail stop doing this? if so, it's strange, now senders who are blocked won't be aware of it.

I read that if you block someone in Hotmail, if that person sends you an email, it's automatically deleted. However, it doesn't appear in the Deleted folder. Also, I think the sender should get a automated email stating that they're blocked.

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
11-06-2009, 09:34 AM
I dont think it matters if you block it, whoever owns it will still get it. Its when it doesnt exist, it'll bounce back, saying it wasnt delivered. Why would you want the person you blocked, to know you blocked them??

Bazman
11-06-2009, 10:47 PM
It's actually kind of different...

I had an argument with a mate. I wanted to send an apology email and did. But heard nothing back. I know him pretty well and usually responds, but not this time. So I'm thinking he might've blocked me. But cause Hotmail don't let u know if ur blocked, I won't know for sure. :illogical

I think most popular email providers don't let blocked senders know they're blocked. I know there's some sort of privacy issue surrounding this, but I still think it's pretty frustrating. For the reason above among others.

decibel
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I had an argument with a mate. I wanted to send an apology email and did.

Use the phone, bro. Or better still, go around with a 6-pack. :thumbs: