PDA

View Full Version : windows media player not playing fair

adeye
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
When ever I try to burn a music disc with media player I get a refusal and then this pops up
Error COOD10D2
I then try Tech details and get this-
C00D0FB0 and a message saying-
Windows Media Player cannot rip tracks from the CD correctly because the CD drive settings in Device manager do not match the CD drive settings in the player? I have tried every which way to sort it out but no joy it used to work fine so its obviously something that I have deleted or screwed up but what?
Any advice greatly appreciated.Thanks .Adeye.

Nictech
10-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Have you tried updating the drivers?

Blam
10-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Have you tried updating the drivers?

He means the firmware for the DVD drive.

Give us the model number(check in device manager, run>devmgmt.msc)

Blam

adeye
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Cant find the firmware for the DVD drive but that is not my problem ,its the CD burner is the problem.I have tried to update the drivers going into the device manager but it doesnt want to know me at all .No joy

pctek
11-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Why would you want to use WMP to burn a CD? Use a 3rd party program.

autechre
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Why would you want to use WMP to burn a CD? Use a 3rd party program.

Indeed. If you want to rip a CD, use CDex (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/) or EAC (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/) - both are free. CDex hasn't been updated in years, but should still do the job.

adeye
11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Well my hearties I want to burn it in WMP so that I can stash it into the WMP library and so having all of my music together in one place as I used to be able to do before it went feral on me

pctek
11-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Burning a CD and storing music in WMP have nothing at all to do with each other.
Its complete crap for burning CDs.

Blam
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Burning a CD and storing music in WMP have nothing at all to do with each other.
Its complete crap for burning CDs.

Yep, it just "indexes" it.

It should be in your music folder by default

Blam