PDA

View Full Version : Rounded print outs from a laser printer

gum digger
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
hi
i currently have a HP 4200n lasertjet printer, whenever i print something the pages come out semi-rounded/curled. what would be the cause of this?.

This printer is connected to my router(dynalink 1025w) in order to work as a network printer. i have installed this printer on my laptop(vista OS) so i could print wirelessly from my laptop but i have noticed even if the printer is on, laptop says its offline, i print something and nothing happens. though on my desktop(vista OS) it works fine.

somebody
09-06-2009, 11:39 AM
This is caused by damp paper, which as it goes through the fuser, is heated and dries causing it to curl up.

Where do you keep your printer, and the printer paper? It should be kept somewhere warm and dry.

CYaBro
09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
This is caused by damp paper, which as it goes through the fuser, is heated and dries causing it to curl up.

Where do you keep your printer, and the printer paper? It should be kept somewhere warm and dry.

What they said :D
A lot of photocopiers sit on a trolley that has a heated cupboard in it to keep the paper at the best temp for copying or printing so you don't get the curls.
Maybe keep your paper in the hot water cupboard.

gum digger
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
fair enough. any thoughts on the other problem?

somebody
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
fair enough. any thoughts on the other problem?

This is more a workaround than an actual answer: What if you install the printer on your desktop, and share it over the network using Windows print sharing?

williamF
09-06-2009, 02:37 PM
not too sure on this but do you need to install drivers or anything, and what is your current network settings eg the computer's IP address and is it static or assigned automatically (DHCP) and have you done exactly what you did on the desktop machine eg same process, try pinging the printer server address on the laptop. if you get no replies try pinging the desktop's IP address if you still get no replies back your wireless router is configured incorrectly

Blam
09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Also, with networked printers sometimes tricking windows to think its local fixes it.

Add a new local printer then put \\[IP here]\[Printer name here]

Cheers
Blam

gum digger
10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
its not getting ip from dhcp,its static ip.