PDA

View Full Version : Dell M1710 Nvidia GeForce Go 7900

Mr Blonde
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi there

I've got a nearly 2 year old M1710 with Nvidia Geforce Go 7900. I use Windows XP Version 3.
Over the weekend I was using it - on the web - when it threw an almighty hissy fit and BSOD'd me.
The BSOD occured again on reboot but the interesting thing was before hand. It would show the Windows welcome screen but with weird coloured pixels. These coloured pixels would not dissappear and other strange symbols would appear on my screen before it BSOD'd.
My laptop eventually deigned to tell me I had an nv4 driver error. Also, whenever my laptop did start normally, I would be stuck with 4 colours and the lowest resolution. This means that while I can go to Control Panel/Display/Settings, and change the slider to a higher resolution, the screen is so big I cannot press the OK button to get the system to do what I want.
And the screen has lines all over it. I have downloaded and installed GeForce Release 179 for Notebooks from www.nvidia.com but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
Has anyone had a similar problem - not just nv4 problems because the question with that is "has anyone not had a similar problem":lol:- but specifically with M1710s and/or GeForce GO7900? If so, what did you do to solve the problem that didn't involve smashing your stupid laptop to bits?
Thanks

pctek
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Which means the graphics chip has failed.
It's a hardware problem.