PDA

View Full Version : Camera repair

Metla
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Anyone able to shed some light on a faulty camera?

My main concern is whether its cost effective to get it fixed.

In a nutshell in low light the flash activates but it takes almost completely black photos.

indoors it takes photos with a reddish hue, quite dark, Certainly darker then the amout of light in the room when the photo was taken. The main subject is usually blurry.

Outdoors it seems to take excellent photos.

Problem seems to be getting worse.

nofam
08-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Probably the CCD sensor (camera's brain) - they covert light into electrons which basically form the picture, and interpret light, focal points etc.

As they start to go bazoo, you can get funny colouration, pixelation, jaggies, complete darkness on your shots etc.

They often start to play up for no good reason too. . . . :(

Probably not worth getting fixed either, as good point n shoot cameras (and DSLR's for that matter!) are so cheap nowadays

Metla
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Bummer.

camera cost me $600 at the time.

Have a DSLR but its a pain in the arse to pull out for quick snaps.

Billy T
08-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Unlikely to be the CDD since it works outside. More likely one of the exposure settings has gone awol. My Fuji F610 has started to do this too, but not as bad as you describe and I can use the gamma and contrast adjustments in Irfanview to correct the errors.

You could explore the settings and may find one that sorts the problem. The Fuji has such a setting but I've been too lazy to experiment.

What make and model is it?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Afterthought: At that price I wonder if it has a 'reset to defaults' facility? Must check the Fuji on that too.

Metla
08-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Its a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1

Haven't been able to correct the issue with the settings, Though I was able to reduce some of the issues but not all of them, and as it got worse the fix caused just as many issues. Have reset it to factory defaults a couple of times.

Sweep
08-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Metla.
Take a look here:-
http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=99577&highlight=Canon+CCD

It may be worth checking with the Panasonic people.

Winston001
08-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Remove your finger from in front of the flash.......:thumbs:

BobM
08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi, Google 'panasonic talk forum', then put model in question box. Some interesting info.

PaulD
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi, Google 'panasonic talk forum', then put model in question box. Some interesting info.

There's always interesting info :p Googling TZ1 flash sync problem will get to the relevant info faster.

Metla
11-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Nice.

Dropped and smashed my DSLR earlier today.

Not happy, Not happy at all.

gary67
11-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Two in a month must be a good time your having, maybe try looking at the shockproof camera's that are available.

Metla
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
For some reason I am motivated to be highly abusive.

:(

I'll call it stress.

The other camera has been faulty for a year or so, Its deterioration was what prompted me to buy the A300.

Anyhow, Have discovered the DSLR still works, Just the screen and casing is broken.

Sweep
11-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Did you not use really sticky tape to tie the camera to the motorcycle?

beeswax34
12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Insurance?

Cicero
14-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I used to have SLR camera until I realised there wasn't a photographer in there trying to get out!

Agent_24
16-06-2009, 02:18 AM
I've got a really old Panasonic video camera (the kind that is powered by a portable, battery powered VCR)

Picture is completely stuffed, blurry, almost completely undecipherable and purple.

Metla
16-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Insurance is a rort, If you make a claim they up your premiums to recover the money. Better off leaving it for when something major happens....and then changing insurance companies when you get the payment.

anyway, Camera has been delivered to the service centre, Im hoping its going to be less then $400......

Though I don't have $400 nor any cunning plan on how to acquire $400....:thumbs: