PDA

View Full Version : Quattro pro 10

sparkyrhett
08-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Good morn. I generated a spreadsheet using microsoft works. I opened the sheet on a machine that has Quattro Pro 10. It opened fine, but all the ABC text was gone. Is there a resolve for this issue. I am using Win Home SP2. Thanks in advance

Digby
08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Quattro Pro !

Gee isn't that a Dos app that I used to sell 20 years ago ?

Maybe you need to look at updating your software !

steelsporran
08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Quattro Pro !

Gee isn't that a Dos app that I used to sell 20 years ago ?

Maybe you need to look at updating your software !

Don't knock it! My Quattro Pro for Windows is V5.0 (1993) and it's still doing the job in WinXP.

mikebartnz
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Good morn. I generated a spreadsheet using microsoft works. I opened the sheet on a machine that has Quattro Pro 10. It opened fine, but all the ABC text was gone. Is there a resolve for this issue. I am using Win Home SP2. Thanks in advance
QuottroPro10 is part of the Novel Wordperfect Office suit.
You might not have much joy. When you open it do you get a choice as to what file format it is? You don't mention what version of Works it is.

Lurking
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Don't knock those old Dos programs! I still use Lotus Symphony 3 on XP SP3 no sweat.

Lurking.

Sweep
09-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Long time ago I used Lotus and I'm almost sure that Quattro spreadsheets had a .wks extension as Works 8 does these days.

For those that still use Lotus is a spreadsheet saved with a .wks extension?

seltsam
09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I have several Quattro Pro files from way back. Oldest (1993) have extension WQ1, later were WB1, followed by WB2. Open Office opens the WB2 files successfully, but not the older ones :groan:

sparkyrhett
11-06-2009, 08:38 AM
When I opened, edited, then saved I had no choice but xlr ext on both . Not sure what version of Works that is on the machine that generated the original spreadsheet nor do I know how to find out. I do know that sheets generated on Quattro will open on Works and save ok. It is the sheets that are generated on Works, then opened on Quattro and edited, then saved and closed, then reopened on Works, is the issue.

mikebartnz
11-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I do know that sheets generated on Quattro will open on Works and save ok. It is the sheets that are generated on Works, then opened on Quattro and edited, then saved and closed, then reopened on Works, is the issue.
Well that is typical MS.