PDA

View Full Version : Making Chord charts for Guitar

Swampy
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Can someone suggest how I can get the finger positions "on the lines" which represent the strings. I can get "between" the lines but not on them.
Maybe there is an application I can use that has the stings ans frets already drawn and I can enter the finger positions.
Thanks in anticipation

Metla
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
What program are you using?

And I take it the billions of chord charts available free of charge on the internet are of no use?

hueybot3000
06-06-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm confused, you want to know which finger goes where in a chord? google, theres heaps.

Or if you want something a bit more detailed to your local music shop and buy a book on it, theres heaps of them

Blam
06-06-2009, 08:40 PM
What app are you using?

I'm confused, you want to know which finger goes where in a chord? google, theres heaps.

Or if you want something a bit more detailed to your local music shop and buy a book on it, theres heaps of them

I think he knows, but the apps he's using won't allow him to put the dot on the lines(strings):)

hueybot3000
06-06-2009, 08:42 PM
so something like power tab editor or guitar pro?

Swampy
07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi All
I am using MS Word or Excel. I am teaching stringed instruments and want to make chord charts for my pupoils. I prefer to make them on the PC and then all I have to do is reprint them for each pupil as necessary

GameJunkie
07-06-2009, 10:04 AM
just search for the song by typing (name of song) tabs and copy and past from whatever site to M$ word

hueybot3000
07-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Guitar have chord charts attached to their tabs, you could use something like that?

Or use an editor like power tab editor (free I believe) or guitar pro (costs but worth it)

Im pretty sure guitar pro lets you insert chords and then when you print your finished tab it includes a chords page

Metla
07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=guitar+chords&gbv=2&aq=0&oq=guitar+chord