PDA

View Full Version : Java Crashing laptop

supergran
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Every time I try and play a game that uses java I get the blue screen of death with lots of writing, but it is gone so quick, I don't see what it says, and immediately turns off the laptop.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but not sure if I got all the old one gone. Any ideas, except for reformatting, will be appreciated

GameJunkie
06-06-2009, 12:13 PM
trying getting the latest version of java, uninstall the old version with something like revo uninstaller or ccleaner first

Driftwood
06-06-2009, 01:01 PM
What game & what are the spec's of your laptop?

Blam
06-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Firstly, you need to disable auto restart to see the actual BSOD message..

XP:

Right Click My Computer>Properties>Under Startup + Recovery select settings>Untick "Automatically restart"

For Vista procedure is same except in properties for My Computer you will need to click "Advanced System settings" first.

Once you find out the details of the BSOD, post them here

Cheers
Blam

supergran
06-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok firstly to answer some questions It is on old NEC running XpSP3 Intel 1.50GHz, 1.49GHz 504 ram. Well that is what it says when I go into settings. Now to make it crash, as I have been in and unticked auto restart, but it is a whole page full so don't know how I am going to go

Blam
06-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Jus the STOP code and the name of the driver will be fine.

XXX.sys

supergran
06-06-2009, 02:51 PM
OK, driver, IRQL-NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Heaps of tech info then ***w22n51.sys, Address F79E7A98 Base at F7974000 Date stamp, then 'beginning of physical dump etc

I have found by hunting that that can be ram, (maybe) or the driver for an intel wireless something! I have checked my device manager, and there is no yellow question marks.

As for what game, any game running java, whether it through big fish, or facebook farm town, etc

Blam
06-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Big fish games don't use flash?

Sure they use Java?...

Update your wireless drivers, go to the manufacturers site and download the latest drivers.

Blam

supergran
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
It is a java applet that loads, and yes, some of them do use flash. The big fish game community has a game called big fish slots, and as that is loading, it does it inside a java window.

Ok, will try that tomorrow when I turn the lap top back on, thanks heaps for all your trouble, as I didn't even know how to access the error message without knowing what the heck it meant.

supergran
06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks heaps. even though Intel told me I didn't have intel wireless stuff when I went in with Firefox, going in with IE made it tell the truth, downloaded the new driver, and it works. Thanks again.

Blam
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
No Probs:)