PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen Appears and PC Restarts when giving some stress to HDD

crazy4sunshine
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I am having a problem with my brand new HDD ( i think) i had the same problem 5 times before, and changed my hdd five times before. now i bought a brand new 1 TB HDD.
(if u want to know more, read my previous topic)
i don't know where to start, but here's the problem :

I bought a new 1 TB HDD.(bcz, my old hdd had same problem) and copied all data from old HDD and file transfer was too slow (maybe bcz old hdd were bad).
now, when i start my pc, i hear a sound hdd is making.(i know it's bad) like 2 mouse clicks, and not only that when system reads any file from hdd, hdd makes an annoying sound, like "grr...rrrrr" it's sounds like it stuck or soemthing.
and my hdd led (the red light) always blinks in every second, it never stops, it supposed to blink when hdd is bussy or system is reading some file or transferring some file from hdd. but it blinks 14 hours. if my system is 100% idle.
even on logon screen.
And when i am playing any video file or a music playlist in media player, and
if i click next song, system takes oo much time to load that file, and if i change songs too many times in hurry. than system shows blue screen and restarts.

and my system gets too slow, when i am copying some file to another drive.
i ran drive defragment, ccleaner,checked for bad sactor. nothing worked.

and my system is not bad, i have a powerfull pc, here's my system spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @2.53 GHZ
2 GB DDR2 RAM (i've ordered a new 2 GB DDR2 ram, bcz, some peapole say it hpns bcz of bad ram,but i think it's about hdd
NVIDIA Geforce 9800GT
PCI Sound Card
500 Watt PSU

Please help me:horrified. I am freaking out bcz, i can't find out where is the problem, and i don't want to loose my files.

wainuitech
05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Did you do a fresh install of Windows Each time the HDD changed, or simply cloned the original Drive. ??

Also have you tried changing the PSU - Having 1 HDD go bad is not uncommon, but for 5 HDD's to all do the same thing Its either damn unlucky or theres actually another Problem.

HDD's clicking like you mention usually happens wehn the drive is worn/ failing ( which wont be this case since they are new) or lack of power -- which goes back to the PSU. Change that and see what happens.

crazy4sunshine
05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for Replying
no, i installed new OS
i formated my system
i changed my hole CPU Cabinet and bought new one with integrated 500Watt PSU. and chaged my motherboard too.(ASUS P5KPL-CM)and now buying new ram day after tomorrow. now i am wasting my money like water. but still i got no solution, i am just byuing new parts , just bcz, "i think' it can solve the problem, but it doesn't, now, i want a confirm solution plz, so that i don't waste anymore money for nothing, and solve the problem.
by the way, is it possible that if i copy data from a hdd with bad sector, the data could make the new hdd bad sector?bcz, wehn i copied my old data from my old hdd to the new one, it took too much time than normal, and i think it's bcz of bad sactor orsomething, now did i make a mistake of copying bad data to the new hdd?
what to do now?

wainuitech
05-06-2009, 07:49 PM
If a Drive has bad sectors, the data in those sectors is gone. usually corrupted data will give some sort of problem or not copy at all.

What I would do is install the OS, Drivers for the hardware -- maybe a couple of programs from fresh (office etc), see if the PC plays up with no other old data, if it doesn't then the hardware is possibly / generally OK.

Then once the PC is running correctly, then put back in old data, if it then plays up theres the problem.

I wouldn't go throwing money at it "hoping" to find the problem, thats wasteful.

Starters:

Do a memory test -- download memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.5.iso.zip) unzip the ISO file, burn it to CD using your ISO burning software. boot from the CD, let it run through a couple of times, see if it finds any errors.

There is other ways to see whats going on -- I did have a quick read- didn't notice what OS you are using ????