PDA

View Full Version : NEED URGENT HELP FROM MAC WIZ

nedkelly
04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey my mates friend forgot her password on her laptop so i reset it with the install disk but then I could not log in was getting the message "You are unable to log in to the user account [name] at this time" so I thought I would just grab her folder. Then found out that she had turned on Filevault and made a sparse image of her user folder, and forgot the Filevault password so I wiped the password and then tried to find the sparse image, and some how she had deleted the image while being the only user on the laptop. So now I got the sparse image sitting on my desktop password protected with the same password that she used and forgot for her login details, so I back to square 1 again. Please tell me there is an easy way to bypass the password.

pctek
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
If resetting it didn't fix it then its a virus.

wainuitech
04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
If resetting it didn't fix it then its a virus. Isn't life funny sometimes -- Just finished watching This Video (http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/soa/Video-Do-Mac-OS-X-users-need-antivirus-/0,130061744,339296696,00.htm?ocid=nl_SEC_04062009_ fea_l1) From the sites news letter :)

nedkelly
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
not a virus just a really strong encrypted archive

wainuitech
04-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I Know bugger all about MC's and dont want to - But Is this what you did? (http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3853)

Interesting remark in the first set of instructions -
For example, if you reset a password on a computer running Mac OS X 10.3 with an OS X 10.4 disc, you will not be able to log into the account.

maccrazy
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
The point of FileVault is to protect your files. If you forget the password, there is no way of accessing those files because they are encrypted - thus the red warning sign in the Security preferences. You would be better to ask around the MacRumors forums, but I suspect you will be out of luck.

If resetting it didn't fix it then its a virus.
:rolleyes:

nedkelly
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Honestly some people. She had the password all the time. And I have no idea how it matches her hint. The hint was poppy and she was thinking of the flower. But it was popcorn. POPCORN. I really do wonder about some people.