PDA

View Full Version : Pixellating - Sony Bravia

Misty
29-05-2009, 01:29 PM
We have a not very old Sonia Bravia TV (with Freeview incorporated). Was fine at first but now getting a lot of pixellating on Channels 3 & C4.

Couple of times in the last two days the sound has also cut out, then came back later.

Does this sound like a tuning issue ? I talked to a guy at Dick Smith, Glenfield Mall, and he said "I don't know" (might ring a different branch or their HO)
Misty :(

wratterus
29-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Yep. Very unlikely to be the TV.

I assume you're using the build in DVB-T tuner? Check the aerial, or get someone who can. Possibly it's moved with all the wild weather we've been having. You might need to get an aerial installer to have a look.

Trev
29-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Find out from DSE who dose there repairs and ring them. Maybe Next Electronics.
:)

nofam
29-05-2009, 02:42 PM
We have a not very old Sonia Bravia TV (with Freeview incorporated). Was fine at first but now getting a lot of pixellating on Channels 3 & C4.

Couple of times in the last two days the sound has also cut out, then came back later.

Does this sound like a tuning issue ? I talked to a guy at Dick Smith, Glenfield Mall, and he said "I don't know" (might ring a different branch or their HO)
Misty :(

Wow - I'm having the exact same issue with my Bravia Misty. I'm getting quite a bit of pixelation and losing sound altogether - have to do a reset to factory defaults to get it back.

My freeview installer has just been to take a look, and replaced the original aerial (freebie from a mate) with a more directional one; has added 8db of gain over the original, and so far it's looking good!

Have you got an amp in your signal chain to boost gain?

harryb
29-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi. I had the same issue too. After communicating with Sony via their support page, I went through my set-up and found that our UHF Sky Decoder was the culprit. The modulated output from the decoder was causing a frequency clash. I had to retune the modulator on the decoder and it improved our signal quality. Sony said that the signal quality should be "HIGH". When I had the problem the signal quality showed "GOOD".

Davoid
30-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Had the same issue, but on TV1 and TV2 only freeview channel, got a aerial installation guy out, and he found that our old TV cable on the roof was corroding and that the old UHF aerial had got moisture in the control box.
He replaced the aerial and cable, and so far picture has been fine.