PDA

View Full Version : driver IRQL not less or equal error message

paradiseridgestud
27-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I've seen a few people have had this problem but the weird thing is when I got the first message today, nothing had been any different...no new software, no new hardware so I'm not sure what is causing it. The only thing I think it could be linked to was I was having a pop-up problem (from the same site...I closed them as soon as the pop-up had appeared....somehow by-passed my pop-up blocker) while surfing so I closed IE and disconnected from the internet and did a thorough virus check (only had the usual cookies you get from surfing) and the first message proberly appeared about an hour after that and have had it happen about 4 or so more times since then. If it's a memory problem would it be worth taking it to my local computer guy for an upgrade or what should I do? :confused:

Speedy Gonzales
27-05-2009, 09:45 PM
What version of windows is this? Will it still boot into windows, and crash after a while, or crash before it boots into windows?

If a stop error appears whats it say?? Does it show the name of a file/driver?

Sweep
28-05-2009, 02:25 AM
If it is a memory problem then why not replace the defective memory rather than upgrading..

Could it be that your local shop will fix the problem?

If so then let us know.