PDA

View Full Version : TV1 and TV2 To Be Renamed

Hitech
26-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Has Anybody else with mysky HDI received an email about tvnz channels going to Hd.

Dear Subscriber

Important advice regarding MY SKY HDi functionality

From 1st June, TV ONE and TV2 will be available to all MY SKY HDi subscribers in High Definition (HD).

There is no change to the channel numbers or their position on the Electronic Programming Guide; however they will be renamed TV ONE HD and TV2 HD.

The addition of these channels has had an impact on the Series Link function for these channels and to continue using this feature for these channels, on the 1st June you will need to cancel and rebook any programmes that are "Series Linked."

To reinstate series linked programmes please follow the following steps using your MY SKY HDi remote control.

On June 1 (or as soon as possible after thereafter), make a list of programmes on TV ONE and TV2 only that are series linked in your planner.

Delete those programmes from the planner. You do not need to delete previous recordings.

Rebook a recording of the programmes on your list and then rebook the series link using the green button in the normal way. Your recordings will now be in HD.

If you have any questions, please visit www.sky.co.nz/tvnz.

Regards,

Amanda Bremer
Manager Customer Services

:clap

Trev
27-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I get TV1 and 2 and CH3 in HD with freeview HD.
:)

gary67
27-05-2009, 07:44 AM
We can't get anything in HD in Nelson :(:(

Zippity
27-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I get TV1 and 2 and CH3 in HD with freeview HD.

Not at the moment you dont, surely :)

paulw
27-05-2009, 09:36 AM

Lets put it this way. The signal is HD but not all the content. TVNZ has very little content so expect the same from Sky's feed. Will be interesting to see the the PQ is as good as FreeView HD OTA..

Trev
27-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Things like the news etc are HD.

williamF
27-05-2009, 11:09 AM
i've gone off TV these days, for me its youtube, and (if there is something on TV eg ) the news. until there is acctually decent content on those channels (eg HD content and new stuff) im sticking with old faithful analogue TV and youtube for my current events/entertainment. when they start bringing the news out in HD/surround sound i might be impressed :D
(i've watched loads of anime on youtube eg sailor moon and cardcaptors. more interesting than studio 2 or some carp like that)

Hitech
27-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Tv3's news is in HD the entire channel is in Hd and it broadcasts in 5.1 surround sound.Not all of tv3's progs are in HD just mainly the channel itself.

psycik
27-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Tv3's news is in HD the entire channel is in Hd and it broadcasts in 5.1 surround sound.Not all of tv3's progs are in HD just mainly the channel itself.

As far as I know, none of the news' are in HD. But they are recorded on Digital cameras (same as shorty st) and they do look very good upscaled. TVNZ and TV3s upscaling is very good.

There are a couple of locally made HD programs, Go Girls, That Jacqui Brown Show, Diplomatic Immunity.

Source for my information is here BTW:

<programme datetime_start="26/05/2009 12:00:00" datetime_end="26/05/2009 12:30:00" duration="30" classification="" captioned="N" hd="N">
<title>3 News</title>

If HD generally (sometimes they miss) the "hd" tag is set to Y

paulw
27-05-2009, 01:42 PM
3News is HD?? That's news to me.. You sure you don't mean SD upscaled??